Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anybody got any ideas on this one?

Last week my radio started cutting out when I hit the brake or used the turn signal. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it dosen't. It will also do it when I first start to pull out after I start it up.

In addition a couple of days ago I was stoped at a red light and a puff of white smoke came out from under the hood around the battery compartment. I checked and I saw no evidence of anything burning.

Any ideas? Its going to the dealership tomorrow, but I was hoping somebody might have an idea what it is or maybe someone has had a similar problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pullmyfinger on 2001-11-20 23:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
See my new posting at www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=4056&forum=9&0

I also have heard electronic chirps and short zipping (elctrical relay-like) sounds from under the dash.

I hope they are not indications of larger electrical/electronic problems, because they can kill a car faster than anything short of a semi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-11-21 20:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it appears to be nothing to serious. The dealer found a loose connection to the fuse panel. They tightend it and everything things smooth now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Definitely a ground loose. Mine lost all sorts of power but I was able to get it to the dealer and the next day I was back on the road - smooth. I did have to drive around a mini-van for a day though. Boy, I was never so peaceful behind a wheel in my life,..hum-dee dum-dum.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pullmyfinger:

About 2 weeks after i bought #4456 i too was sitting at a stop light and saw a big white puff of smoke come out from the battery area. It smelled horrible, like an electrical burning smell. I took it in shortly after and they "didnt see anything wrong". It has not done it since then and that has been about 3 months now. I have experienced no electrical problems in my car *knock on wood* in the 4 months that i have had it. The only problem mine has is this ticking noise, but that is a whole other thread in itself :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts