Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you will look at the topic How Long To Get Your Bullitt at my very long story you will understand why it took me and others so long to get my car.
Subject : Bullitt Mustang Update
To:All Ford Dealers
Dealer Communication dated 4-5-01 at 1:41PM
if someone can tell me how to scan a doc. I can probably do so.The summary says preliminary engine data indicated over 270 HP,but that production engines have not fully met expectations.The first sentence in the communication section says While the production Bullitt HP is a dissappointment for everyone involved,the Bullitt still delivers many performance features and benifits including:Elevated TQ above 3500RPM,revised ratio pulleys,dual bore throttle bodies,freer flowing exhaust and revised throttle linkage..... continued

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continuation of Electronic Field Communication:In addition the suspension mods incl. w/ the Bullitt offer superior handling and the unique look will continue to turn heads.The last paragraph states:All of us who mhave worked so hard on the Bullitt are extremely dissappointed by the HP rating on the production engines being less than the prototype. unfortunately,the alternatives all meant further delays in Bullitt productionand we felt that it was more important to begin building and shipping
the Bullit now,even if it....continued

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meant delivering a car w/less HP than the prototype. We will begin Job#1 production of the Bullitt on April 17,2001 and will begin shipping to dealer thereafter.This is a condensed version of the letter,but I have the original.My big question is does ANYBODY have a Bullitt built BEFORE April 17, as I feel that this would probably a very valuable car!Mine was built Weds. June 13th, at 2:03 in the afternoon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also while we are on the subject I do feel thet the is a performance difference in the computer codes.I drove the one that they sold out from under me at Neill-Sandler Ford,I believe that it was #2034 and the computer code was a 1.Mine is #2989 and the computer code is a 2.The later car seems to be stronger at initial tip in and as a result has a better throttle response;also ,this could be just me,but the exhaust on the earlier car seemed much quieter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Email was sent 4-5-01 and it states that production was not to start until April 17th.Where are getting your build date.I got my car directly off the truck w/papers and stickers attached.I kept all of them.The dates are all different.As an example the seats were covered in plastic w/ a lable attached that said Bullitt and the were dated 4 days prior to the build date.Other dates were earlier by up to a week on other components.I got my build sheet and this is what I used for the build date and time.

·
Registered
959 Posts
According to all the communication I had from Ford and the build sheet, my #66 was built on Tuesday, 10AM on April 10th.

Brian

·
Registered
451 Posts
How can I get my build date w/o a build sheet?

Thanks!

Joe

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bullitt #353 engine build date 04/17/2001
chasis build date 04/18/2001

1 - 13 of 13 Posts