Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a very large hotel in Orlando. This morning about 10:30am we were all sitting around our cubicles when we hear a roaring sound then a huge crash of glass.
We all, 4 of us, immediately stood up and said, oh God that sounds like an elevator came crashing down in our main lobby.....it was! When we walked out of our office we see shattered glass, broken pieces of metal and snapped elevator cables dangling from many stories up. The first thing we do is to see if anyone was in this elevator and to ensure the other elevators get turned off. We have hundreds of guests in meetings and checking in, and this happened in the large atrium of our main lobby.

Quite a scene....come to find out this elevator was being serviced at the time of this accident. Apparently, the control cable and a portion of the bottom of the elvevator broke off and came crashing down, not the car. The control cable is about 2" in diameter and the piece of metal was about a 4'x4' piece, weighing about 150lbs. All this fell from 28 floors up....Holy Crap Batman!!!

Thank God no one was hurt but it was quite an embarassment. The servicemen that were here looked like they saw a ghost when they finally made it to the lobby level and saw the damage....

Never a dull moment in Mickey's World.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
What hotel is that?

I have to remember next time I book rooms!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts