Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read and read previous posts and i haven't found closure on whether our side gt emblems are taped on or pined to the metal
has anyone tried to take them off or seen a wrecked mustang fender and noticed.

all of the replacement gt emblems are taped on so why aren't the originals

here is a link to a replacement stateing they are taped on
eBay item 1045851724 (Ends Dec-15-01 18:47:43 PST ) - NEW 99-01 MUSTANG GT / BULLITT FENDER EMBLEM

let me know the correct answer please

tyler

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Anyone thought about removing the GT's and replacing them with the running pony from the 99/00 non GT models? I think I'd like to do that. Pins and holes should all be in the same place. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
152 Posts
The biggest downside to replacing your GT emblems with the running pony is that everybody will try to tell you your car is a V6. And probably a cheap V6 (no spoiler) at that.

Of course, those of us that know better will check your rocker panels, brake calipers, and sail panels and know the truth.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Don't forget the dual exhaust out the back;-)...

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
715 Posts
That would be fine if someone wants to assume that you are in a V6 model. You know what they say about ASSuming something.

It is always a fatal mistake for the enemy to underestimate his opponent.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
They can assume anything they want. If they want to test me, I'll be glad to show them what my "cheap V6" will do. :grin: I just think the ponys have a better "retro" look about them. Maybe even replace the GT and move it to the lower part of the fender using the chrome type that was on the original '68. Just a thought.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter w/Hurst stick and ball, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-12-16 01:26 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts