Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn't find this question in the forum. I have been using my emergency brake when I park for some reason here lately. Once I release the brake, the brake light will flash on for some reason while I'm driving. It normally only does it a couple of times within the first 10 minutes of driving then I don't see it again until the next time I use the emergency brake.
Any suggestions on what the cause of this could be?

·
Registered
641 Posts
If your brake pads are worn, the fluid level in the master cylinder may be low enough to cause the red brake light to flicker on and off at times. Other than that, you may have a short somewhere causing the light to act funky.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Gail's car does that from time to time. normally just raise and re-lower the park brake handle and it stops! almost like it doesn't go all the way down sometimes

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
+1 on both, check your fluid level in your master cylinder, if its low check your brakes. Or it could be a failing switch in the lever.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. I'll check the brake fluid level and see where it's at. It's funny because I have never had that problem until I just recently started using my emergency brake, could be just a coincidence though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts