Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,it wasn't in a Bullitt,but I caught a ride with my neighbor,in his 2007 Mustang GT with tune,exhaust mods and 4.10 gear,to take in some Saturday nite cruise action.
As we get on I-95,I spot the back end of an orange Challenger. Thinking '08 SRT, my buddy punches it to catch up,that GT has some punch!
As we pull along side,I notice the twin exhaust,the 30 day tags,but no SRT badging,no stripes,but the large HEMI spelled out on the hood scoop. Bingo, a 2009 R/T,which my buddy was thinking of ordering,to replace his Mustang,he is an old time Mopar man!
Well,he drops down to 3rd,and punches the Stang,did I say it really has punch! But the new Chally has nothing for this Mustang!! We had a blast doing this several times. The R/T was just too quiet,all we heard was the roar of our 3V 4.6 !!
I think my buddy has changed his mind,over any Challenger purchase. Now he's thinking a Saleen blower setup...the Saleen Shaker!
I sure wish I had that 3V 4.6, in my "old" Bullitt! You guys have one heck of an engine!!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Mus408 said:
Well,it wasn't in a Bullitt,but I caught a ride with my neighbor,in his 2007 Mustang GT with tune,exhaust mods and 4.10 gear,to take in some Saturday nite cruise action.
As we get on I-95,I spot the back end of an orange Challenger. Thinking '08 SRT, my buddy punches it to catch up,that GT has some punch!
As we pull along side,I notice the twin exhaust,the 30 day tags,but no SRT badging,no stripes,but the large HEMI spelled out on the hood scoop. Bingo, a 2009 R/T,which my buddy was thinking of ordering,to replace his Mustang,he is an old time Mopar man!
Well,he drops down to 3rd,and punches the Stang,did I say it really has punch! But the new Chally has nothing for this Mustang!! We had a blast doing this several times. The R/T was just too quiet,all we heard was the roar of our 3V 4.6 !!
I think my buddy has changed his mind,over any Challenger purchase. Now he's thinking a Saleen blower setup...the Saleen Shaker!
I sure wish I had that 3V 4.6, in my "old" Bullitt! You guys have one heck of an engine!!
Thank-You !!!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Mus408......i didnt think the R/T was gonna be available this year....from what i hear that car is really heavy(fat):D.....i was thinking about getting a R/T.....not now......good story.....

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
Mus408 said:
Great tale. But, wouldn't the Saleen Shaker hood scoop compromise the simple Bullitt look and just ruin everything?
:redface: Opps, my bad. It's a GT. Carry on.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
GT with 4:10's in 3rd gear......= Total sweet spot....my favorite....!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GOT OATZ said:
You better believe that thing loves 3rd gear!! Now my buddy,isn't a young kid, 49 yrs. old and in the military,but he goes crazy in this Stang. Cruises the local roads,under 45 MPH,in 3rd gear and we were going anywhere from 60 to 80 MPH,in 4th!
He loves the throttle response. When he gets that blower setup,he'll be Wildman for sure!
Oh and he has 2 Recaro type racing car seats,strapped in back for his two hot rod boys!! These little guys know a lot of car stuff for their age!! They have been through 2 sets of rear tires on their electric powered Mustang car!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Mus408 said:
You better believe that thing loves 3rd gear!! Now my buddy,isn't a young kid, 49 yrs. old and in the military,but he goes crazy in this Stang. Cruises the local roads,under 45 MPH,in 3rd gear and we were going anywhere from 60 to 80 MPH,in 4th!
He loves the throttle response. When he gets that blower setup,he'll be Wildman for sure!
Oh and he has 2 Recaro type racing car seats,strapped in back for his two hot rod boys!! These little guys know a lot of car stuff for their age!! They have been through 2 sets of rear tires on their electric powered Mustang car!
Yeah, I can relate...I am 53 myself...There is one specific ramp on our local freeway, where the 91 East transitions to the 57 South....I will purposely lay back and let traffic clear on this ramp, just so I can start the ramp around 40 in third gear, and punch out as it straightens.....
It used to be fun before the gears....Now, well,....sex on wheels.......

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Yeah, I can relate...I am 53 myself...There is one specific ramp on our local freeway, where the 91 East transitions to the 57 South....I will purposely lay back and let traffic clear on this ramp, just so I can start the ramp around 40 in third gear, and punch out as it straightens.....
It used to be fun before the gears....Now, well,....sex on wheels.......
OK, guys I am ?????? now and the New 4:10 Gears in the Bullitt are like so Cool

Next is the (Dynotech) Aluminum Drive Shaft ...........

Things are coming together........

tigerhonaker

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
OK, guys I am ?????? now and the New 4:10 Gears in the Bullitt are like so Cool

Next is the (Dynotech) Aluminum Drive Shaft ...........

Things are coming together........

tigerhonaker
Call me stupid, but I thought our Bullitts had 3.73:1 gear ratio. What's this 4:10 stuff? :confused:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
4:10's Added ..................

StvMcQueen said:
Call me stupid, but I thought our Bullitts had 3.73:1 gear ratio. What's this 4:10 stuff? :confused:
Steve,

See my Sig. at Bottom:

Current Mods.

Sequential Taillights, Custom Bullitt Mats, Lower Grill Inserts,
Brenspeed Custom 93 Octane Tune,
Steeda UDP's, Steeda Billet Delete Plates,
FRPP 4:10 Gears:

4:10's are in My-Bullitt.

See this Link:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161204&highlight=need+info+on+4:10+gears

3:73's come in 2008/2009 Bullitt Mustang Stock from Ford.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
171 Posts
Last Friday morning I saw a black SRT8 so I caught up to it in my commuter car and I opened the window to hear it, and there was like no noise at all. It was just as quiet as my Honda Civic Commuter car. What the heck is up with that? And this was at freeway speeds going up hill! I had looked at the challenger's price before I got my Bullitt and it was way up there higher than a GT-500 Shelby. Man, am I glad I never spent money on one. Is that a rip off or what? Not even a performance exhaust on an SRT-8???!!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
NM-Bullitt-5106 said:
Last Friday morning I saw a black SRT8 so I caught up to it in my commuter car and I opened the window to hear it, and there was like no noise at all. It was just as quiet as my Honda Civic Commuter car. What the heck is up with that? And this was at freeway speeds going up hill! I had looked at the challenger's price before I got my Bullitt and it was way up there higher than a GT-500 Shelby. Man, am I glad I never spent money on one. Is that a rip off or what? Not even a performance exhaust on an SRT-8???!!!

Yes. Very Sad. But what's more sad, is the fact that you were able to catch it in your commuter car........:badgrin: :badgrin:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Oh yes. I remember back in the day when 4:10 was my favorite gear and especially in 3rd gear. I used to love setting people up in 3rd gear. Between about 50 mph to around 100 mph it was a beast. Those big blocks would come on strong after that but between those ranges my small block ruled.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
Oh yes. I remember back in the day when 4:10 was my favorite gear and especially in 3rd gear. I used to love setting people up in 3rd gear. Between about 50 mph to around 100 mph it was a beast. Those big blocks would come on strong after that but between those ranges my small block ruled.
Yes, off topic but gears and solid lifter cam SB could kick but on most anything in the Right Gear/RPM range! In The day!

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Mus don't sell your 01 short against the Challenger or a GT for that matter.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No short selling on my Bullitt,but that power surge from 4000 RPM up on the new 3V engines,sure feels good!
No,I am pleased with the Bullitt,and know it's stock power limits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts