Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
edtrae03130 said:
aaron i say go crate pull the old motor when the other is ready. you get to keep driving it while upgrading plus you keep the old motor for any thing in the future. that is just my opinion though... I gotta spend more time in Kissimmee aparently there are no police and you can drive as fast as you want.... 192 here I come...:badgrin: :badgrin:

hahaha. As fast as you want?????

I'm looking really hard into getting a shortblock from http://modularmustangracing.com/ and doing those new heads coming out. That with just about any form of forced induction has to be close to 600rwhp I would imagine! I've got a thread about this in the discussion forum be it that I blew my stock bottom end Monday. I finally got underneath it to check and it had a chunk missing out of the block about the size of a fist. :eek:

12-14lbs plus meth and a good tune and wait till it dies... if you upgrade to a t trim id be happy to take the sq off your hands:surprised

if you do a motor 03/04 cobra short block and those new trick flow heads... thats what i plan to do

Discussion starter · #24 ·
jeffs89gt said:
12-14lbs plus meth and a good tune and wait till it dies... if you upgrade to a t trim id be happy to take the sq off your hands:surprised

if you do a motor 03/04 cobra short block and those new trick flow heads... thats what i plan to do
Jeff,

Thats also another thought. I was also looking into a 4v motor. They sound so good and make power a little easier.

Mr.BULLITT said:
Jeff,

Thats also another thought. I was also looking into a 4v motor. They sound so good and make power a little easier.
But for what's looking to be less you can put a 5.0 Stroker with the new 2v heads coming out and have BETTER breathability than the 4v. That's what i'm looking really heavy into along with bolting on a T-56 to give me a little more top end and transmission toughness.

Mr.BULLITT said:
Pete, John,

Yup those are all this I've considered and priced out already. This motor is what Im more concerned about at the moment since the right rods and pistons are essential.

Oh and john, there is just something about that much HP that brings a tear to your eye lol

10-4 on that. This is a clip of a KB Cobra with about the 600 RWHP you hope to end up at ( and the right color). My previous post was the pc post that I felt it necessary to submit. This one is the one that says and shows what an absolute beast your car will be at the numbers you hope for. I know its a KB, but 600 RWHP is 600 RWHP, right, whether it's centrifugal or twin screw...Aaron, I need a ride in your car if you do anything close to this....JR....:dhg01:

idk if i was misunderstood but i ment just 03/04 cobra short block and the new trick flow 2 valve heads... i wouldnt bother going to a 4v. 03/04 bottom ends arnt to to expecsive and they will handel alot of power, and those trick flow 2 valve heads that are going to be releasing soon look to be very nice...

Discussion starter · #28 ·
MaineBullitt said:
10-4 on that. This is a clip of a KB Cobra with about the 600 RWHP you hope to end up at ( and the right color). My previous post was the pc post that I felt it necessary to submit. This one is the one that says and shows what an absolute beast your car will be at the numbers you hope for. I know its a KB, but 600 RWHP is 600 RWHP, right, whether it's centrifugal or twin screw...Aaron, I need a ride in your car if you do anything close to this....JR....:dhg01:

LOL john i pull that video up at least 3 or 4 times a week.

Definetly. It's not something that is going to happen too too soon, but something I need to price out and start saving for.

Has anybody seen a set of these "new heads" at the parts counter yet ... i.e. pulled them out of the box and really checked them out?

How do we really know they will outflow the 4-V heads ... (just curious is all) ... ????

THANKS !!!

TXBLUOVAL said:
Has anybody seen a set of these "new heads" at the parts counter yet ... i.e. pulled them out of the box and really checked them out?

How do we really know they will outflow the 4-V heads ... (just curious is all) ... ????

THANKS !!!
We're going on what we've heard from trickflow. The Cobra flow is supposedly 230 on the heads stock and Trickflow is claiming 240 on their new 2v head design unported. So while we're taking Trickflow's word here I'm pretty sure they wouldn't claim high numbers to just disappoint us when we get the cars on the dyno. If anything I would think they would do the exact opposite, but we'll see! Regardless I've got to do a 2v head unless someone wants to trade me a 2.6l KB for my 2.1, lol.

Thanks for the honest answer. Makes sense.

Now Yall got me curious to know if our stock 2001 BULLITT intake can be ported to match the Trick Flow specs (i.e. Trick Flow heads both ported and unported) ... ???

I'm anxious to see them. If Yall get word when the heads hit the speed shops either post up here or send me a PM but please let me know.

THANKS !!!

TXBLUOVAL said:
Thanks for the honest answer. Makes sense.

Now Yall got me curious to know if our stock 2001 BULLITT intake can be ported to match the Trick Flow specs (i.e. Trick Flow heads both ported and unported) ... ???

I'm anxious to see them. If Yall get word when the heads hit the speed shops either post up here or send me a PM but please let me know.

THANKS !!!
Definitely discussion will start coming around more soon be it that they are soon to release. I've on the waiting list/newsletter and called Trickflow and they're coming out in March.

And I would think that maybe an upgraded throttle body and a KB Boost a pump would be things to help our stock cars keep up with this change? But I'm no genius so someone come correct me.

TXBLUOVAL said:

THANKS !!!
nope but every yuppie online praises them up and down so they must be amazing.... :rolleyes:

only one way to find out how they do I guess right

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.