·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too keep the drama unfolding on the:

1. OMG, simple green ruins your car :D
&
2. OMG, power washing ruins your car :D

Just go through doing the at least yearly motor wash. Sadly I didn't get before pics :( but just imagine the same motor with some a few minor dirt splashes and some dust. I by no means did a perfect job. Still lacks some perfection, but did get it cleaned up for the most part.

Steps are:
1. drive to car wash.
2. Put car up on jack so you can power wash underneath.
3. Spray Simple Green to the dirty areas of the engine bay and underneath.
4. Get some quaters
5. Power wash the engine & underside
6. Rinse
7. Drop car back down
8. put jack back in wife's car since she obviously came with you and wouldn't dare let you put that wet & dirty jack in the Bullitt :D
9. Go do some driving and dry it out.
10. Simple green + wrag + hose @ home to get those remaing spots you missed
11. Drive & dry
12. Detailing

Washed & before detail

Detailed :cool:
Not to bad for 92k miles :cool:

One of the underside. Looks better in person.
Could still use some touching up as well.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and a couple of her just being clean :cool:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
2001 Bullitt looking So-Fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHG Bullitt #1986

Great Pics and Man is that 01 Bullitt Looking So Fine Indeed :bigguns: :clap: :bigguns: :clap: :bigguns: :clap:

You do Great Detail work !!!!!!!!!

Hey, and the Pics are Not Bad Either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tigerhonaker said:
DHG Bullitt #1986

Great Pics and Man is that 01 Bullitt Looking So Fine Indeed :bigguns: :clap: :bigguns: :clap: :bigguns: :clap:

You do Great Detail work !!!!!!!!!

Hey, and the Pics are Not Bad Either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry
I hereby declare this post to be very enthusiastic

:D

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
buckwheat bullitt said:
Did you do a straight power wash w/o covering anything? If not what do you cover and what did you use to cover the electronics etc?
thanks!
I don't cover anything
I just try to keep the pressure directly off the cops, air filter, alternator, etc. Does some water get in there? sure, but everything is fine. This is probably around my 5th time I have done the engine bay in 1986. Never had a problem. Early on one of hte cops got water underneath. But after I started doing the plugs and putting some die-electric grease around the boot, I have had not a single issue.

:edit
also got the 98k mile Taurus stable cleaned up as well :)

Fear my f***ing fury that is 150 horsies of Vulcan godlyness!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
THAT DETAIL LOOKS GREAT !!!

Power washing with Simple Green ... hhmmmmmm ... All I can say is if those results are produced like that I surely know how I'm going to go about it the next time.

YOUR BULLITT LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET ... :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Simple Green

I've been using Simple Green for years. Works well for just about any cleaning job depending on how it's diluted. I use it at approx 4 to 1 for slightly dirty engine and rim clean ups. My daily driver has honeycomb style rims which are a pain to keep clean with dozens of little holes, I just spray all four rims with SG when I wash the car, give them a quick pass with the car wash brush and hose them off. Voila! no brake dust and no scrubbing! It is also the only cleaner we use around the house. Does just about everything well and isn't highly toxic.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
OK- Great detail pics. I'll admit 2445 needs a good bath, but the weather outside is frightfull...

But I have to take exception to one thing--
Ezekial said:
That 4 guage power wire GOING THROUGH THE DOOR JAM! For safty's sake- please get it fixed (it's not hard).

Looking good, though!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
installermarc said:
OK- Great detail pics. I'll admit 2445 needs a good bath, but the weather outside is frightfull...

But I have to take exception to one thing--

That 4 guage power wire GOING THROUGH THE DOOR JAM! For safty's sake- please get it fixed (it's not hard).

Looking good, though!
it's not
it comes down the side through the boot in the door. I couldn't find another hole at teh time. A week later I found a better one, but was lazy to move it :D

and it hasn't been active in over a year :D
just been too lazy to remove it, or put the speakers back in. Since I don't drive it daily anymore, my wife doesn't care for them....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts