Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished re-installing my jlt cai walla go and i noticed that when i was pulling into my driveway my car quit and the service engine soon light came on. I know i pushed the clutch in cause i was gearing down and she quit. Thank god i was pulling in my driveway cause i just come out of a nasty curve. No power steering or brakes sucks especially went it happens all of a sudden. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
happens with CAI on occasions
service engine light comes on when the engine dies

any more info to provide?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you have a scanner? I wish you lived close I would run over to help.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You have a loose hose clamp somewhere and extra air is getting in. This happens alot. You also may need to spray down you MAF sensor with some electronic parts cleaner and also clean your IAC valve with some brake cleaner.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
BlackBullitt5583 said:
You have a loose hose clamp somewhere and extra air is getting in. This happens alot. You also may need to spray down you MAF sensor with some electronic parts cleaner and also clean your IAC valve with some brake cleaner.
well said :cool:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
BlackBullitt5583 said:
Carb cleaner, not brake cleaner, LOL.

Here is a write up (taken from Muscular Mustangs) on cleaning your IAC. Any of those could be your problem. If you MAF is damaged, very easy to do, you'll have to replace it.

Our IAC is on our intake, not our throttle body, but you'll see it.

http://www.stl-speed.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=411

1 - 6 of 6 Posts