Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing some engine skip just as the engine reaches 6000 rpm. Anyone else with this effect?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would guess you are hitting the rev limiter. The tach may not be a 100% accurate. The rev limiter kicks in around 6200 rpm. I know this from first hand experience.

Eric

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Sounds like the rev limiter to me too. the first time it happened to me, almost scared me half to death!!! Thought I had blowed it up or something.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Is there such a thing as a shift light that retains its functionality while still being otherwise unobtrusive, and that does not require piercing any factory plastic? The ones I've seen have been like little flashlights. I know they have to be visible to your peripheral vision during the day, but I'd think there would be something a little more high-tech and less bulky available. I don't ever hit the strip, but several times while merging onto the highway in heavy traffic I've bumped it due to having to watch the road closely.

Joe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - Rev.limiter certainly sounds like the culprit. Is there an override for this or possibly a change in one of the chips to increase the limit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts