Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! First post. I have a 2008 Bullitt with about 100,000 miles. So for the past six months I have been battling my Bullitt’s engine. It runs and drives while cold but as soon as it warms up it dies at idle. The RPMs drop below 500 and surge between that and dead
The follow codes are being thrown.
P0022
P0345
P0340
I have replaced the following:
Alternator, both camshaft position sensors, both solenoids, both cam phasers, timing assembly and oil pump. The parts I replaced showed no signs of wear or damage

I took my car to a Ford dealership/shop and they told me there is movement in the crank shaft and it would need a new engine. This seemed odd to me since I am always current on oil changes and have never seen any shiny bits in the oil to show that it has warn down. Plus it seems odd that if it need a rebuild or replacement that it would run and drive ok when cold. Hoping someone has an idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Bullitt
38 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Bullitt
38 Posts
ideas.
Notice that OEM cam phasers, were necessary for the ford fix of above link.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Notice that OEM cam phasers, were necessary for the ford fix of above link.
Thanks for the reply! All of the parts replaced have been Ford Performance parts minus the oil pump which is a melling high pressure high flow.

·
Car Whisperer
21,244 Posts
have you checked the TPS? and for your year, don't know if the engine has one, but the IAC? just curious, you posted in the 01 mechanical issues section, but you say in your message it is an 08. Is it an 08 because the 01 definitely has an IAC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you checked the TPS? and for your year, don't know if the engine has one, but the IAC? just curious, you posted in the 01 mechanical issues section, but you say in your message it is an 08. Is it an 08 because the 01 definitely has an IAC.
I have an 08 this is my first Mustang. I think someone linked the 01 post due to its similar issue. I’ll check the TPS tomorrow. After all the issues began I cleaned the throttle body and didn’t notice anything overtly wrong. I check again and see if there is a test which can be run.

·
Car Whisperer
21,244 Posts
what kind of air filter is on the car? have you cleaned the mass air sensor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts