Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up some 17x9 10th anniversary cobra wheels and want to put a set of drag tires on them. The radials come in 275/40/17's and the bias ply come in a 26x11x17. Just wondering which of the two would hook up better? I assumed that the bias ply's would be more like a slick and need more sidewall to wrinkle and actually hook up. They are slightly cheaper than the radials which would have better road manners driving to the track. The tires will only see the street to and from the track if that. Which would be the best to buy?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd go with the drag radials

·
Registered
394 Posts
I only have had experience with drag radials. They provided alot more grip than the street tires and I didn't have to change them out right away. They also felt like the street tires under normal driving in dry weather. So, drag radials are my vote.

·
Registered
967 Posts
just be careful with the tires driving back and forth. i have driven on drag radials before and they are good for driving back and forth at full pressure but if you leave them deflated after racing the back end sways quite a bit around turns and at higher cruising speeds. idk how fast you can drive around town there. i haven't used drag radials much and never used bias ply to give an opinion worth anything but i just thought id share that lol

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, I'll probably go with the radials then. I have two tracks in my area and both require highway driving to get to them, so I may just load them up and just change at the track. What's a good air pressure at the track with 17's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts