Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everone's Bullitt come with the VIN number etched on all the windows? Seems strange to be on the car from the dealer. Also the etching dosen't appear to be done well, or at least it's hard for me to read.

·
Banned
975 Posts
I would say that the Dealer charged you for that dealer installed option. The dealer that I bought my Bullitt from asked me to pay extra for it, I said no.
Where in Arkansas are you. I live just north of Hardy,Ak. in Missouri.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-10-10 16:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. The dealer didn't mention the VIN eching and I didn't see that I was charged for it. But I will ask them about it. I live in Cabot AR about 30 miles north of Little Rock.

·
Banned
975 Posts
I was just in Harrison,Ak. for a Mustang show on sunday 10-7-2001. " MB 4875 " took best in class. I will contact you if any more Mustang shows come on the circuit before the snow starts falling.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The numbers on the glass is an anti theft deterent. At time of purchase you can buy the program. It registers the numbers and if the car was stolen they would have to replace the glass to eliminate the authorities from tracing the VIN number. It is a lot harder than just swapping VIN tags.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Bullitt came with the vin in the glass. I didn't ask for it, but thats ok with me. I don't remember if I paid for it, but I'm sure I did.

Anthony
TB #2979

·
Registered
302 Posts
my dealer said it saved them money on their insurance while the car was on the lot. if i paid them 200 or 300 dollars they would pay like 3000 dollars if the car was stolen. i think that was beyond what was not covered by my insurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts