Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most guys who like cars can appreciate any nice vehicle regardless of the brand they choose to drive. While shopping for an economy car for my mother-in-law, I stopped in the Chevrolet dealership around the corner from my favorite Ford place. With my Bullitt parked right at the front door, my wife and I spend some time talking to a salesman there. In no time, someone starts asking questions about the Bullitt. Soon I'm opening the hood and doors to show off the car to 3, then 5, and finally 7 salesman. Most of them had not only heard of it, but knew about a lot of the features. We went over every detail, and they had a lot of the same questions and discussions we've all had...quarter speeds, actual horsepower on a dyno, how does it hold up against a Cobra or the LS1.

In the end when I had to leave or risk upsetting a pregnant wife, they had to clear a path for me to pull out. It's fun being a one man car show.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same experience about a month ago at a Buick-Pontiac Store; one of the salesmen told me he really liked the simplicity of the Bullitt and was tired of looking at the overdone body cladding on the Firebirds sitting on the lot! I was really surprised to get a compliment at a GM store!
(I was dropping off my nephew to pick up his truck that was in for service.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
The night I bought mine I was out driving around and had to stop to fill up the tank. This guy walks right up to me and says, "hey that's a Bullitt!". We start talking and he points over to the Trans-Am that he drives and races on the weekends. He was a big GM guy, but he really gushed over the Bullitt. He even said I should come out with him sometime and see what it would do in the quarter. He was dissapointed when I told him that my baby was too new right now.

I think a car guy is a car guy. We can all appreciate a good ride.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: justindal on 2001-10-05 18:15 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts