Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving home I had a 96 T-Bird pull up along side and give me a thumbs up. Rush hour traffic and the T-bird was in the HOV lane so I never got back up next to them.

I started thinking how the only thing similar to driving the Bullitt was when we went deer hunting in Maine and brought home a 200 lb 8 point whitetail. The drive back to NJ was filled with at least a dozen people pulling up along side and checking out the deer in the truck bed. Amazing the number of people that would pull up and start yelling questions at you

It came to me that driving the Bullitt was a lot like the trip back form Maine with the deer drawing tons of attention and approval.

It also seemed to me that when the other guy gives you the thumbs up that it was not only saying nice car, but he also wants you to know that HE knows what you have. Sort of like the with the deer, they wanted you to know that they were aware of the accomplishment.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-07-11 02:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2003-12-18 21:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
219 Posts
No kidding! I had a grandma in a beatup old Cherokee gun her engine at a red light yesterday...and I'm not even going to mention all the kids in everything from ricers to 5.0Ls that demand some kind of show. Ferraris don't get as much attention as a Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Guy in an Acura 3.2 fer chrisakes wanted to run me yesterday, i almost got angry with the jerk. got right on my tail( ok i DID get angry...but you guys aren't getting paid for MY therapy-LOL)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
People ask about the car, but yesterday a Black '65/66/67 Mustang Coupe parked behind me in the bottom lot of work.

Two black Mustangs. Wish I had the camera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts