Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't recall seeing the story where Steve Saleen resigned from Saleen Inc.

http://www.sedans.autoblog.com/2007/05/15/steve-saleen-retires-from-saleen-inc/

Ex-racer, car builder to import Chinese cars to U.S.
Crain News Service©

DETROIT (June 8, 2007) — Ex-racer and performance car builder Steve Saleen will help bring Chinese vehicles to North America.

Mr. Saleen has joined ZX Automobile Co. of North America Inc. (ZXNA), the U.S. subsidiary of Chamco Auto. Chamco plans to launch a Chinese-made pickup and sport-utility vehicle in Mexico this summer and in the U.S. next year. The company had an exhibit to recruit dealers at the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) convention in Las Vegas in February.

Mr. Saleen, 56, is the new CEO of ZXNA, which will run operations and help set up Chamco’s dealership network in North America. Chamco, short for China American Cooperative Automotive Inc., has headquarters in Parsippany, N.J.

Mr. Saleen will base his operation in Irvine, Calif., where the engineering and sales offices will be.

ZXNA has the exclusive import and distribution contracts for North America from Chinese auto maker Hebei Zhongxing Automobile Co.

Last month, Mr. Saleen resigned from the company he founded in 1984, Saleen Inc., which has produced more than 12,000 specialty cars. It makes the Saleen S7, S281 Mustang, S331 Sport Truck and the Saleen/Parnelli Jones limited-edition Mustang. The firm’s Michigan plant painted and assembled the Ford GT supercar for Ford Motor Co.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
That seems like a stretch. From high-performance American cars to Chinese econo-boxes? :eek:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I never liked him or his company and this just gives me more proof that I am right.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Helping the commies, nice job a-hole

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Sweet! Now I can buy a Chinese truck to haul my Chinese junk back from Walmart in. Just what I've been waiting for! Maybe they can sell them through Walmart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts