Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you have a lift its alot easier.lol Just take your time there usally not to bad. Just the Cat Back?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I assembled entire system on car loose, then went front to back tightening each section as I set it how I wanted it. The 2 spots of potential clearance are the upper section as it goes over the axle, it can drift too close to the frame rail. The piece that comes down from above the axle towards the rear can get too close to the plastic fuel tank cover, and melt it (Ask me how I know). It goes together really well, mufflers are things of beauty......JR :dhg01:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. Putting on would be the easy part. Getting the old off is another story, at least it was on my 68' because of how thick the steel was for the exaust.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Yeah. Putting on would be the easy part. Getting the old off is another story, at least it was on my 68' because of how thick the steel was for the exaust.
Yeah, it sucks. You can strategically make one cut in each side and take them out that way. It's hard because the best place to make a cut is just in front of the axle on the way down. But it's hard to get anything to cut with in there (I wish I had used an air cutoff tool, but actually used a hacksaw). I think a few have actually lowered the axle to remove the factory system intact, but you gotta have the car HIGH for that move......:dhg01:

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
if you cut the old off as Mainebullitt said, easier. To install, the body has to come up some off the rear axle to fit it over the axle due to the bigger pipe (that brings back chilling memories on mine when it almost fell off the lift). Keep everything loose including the tips as you no doubt will have to adjust those to make them be the length you want as far as how far they stick out the back bumper and also to make sure they are centered in the exhaust cut outs.

Also watch for the muffler position to make sure they are striaght as they can get cocked in place then when you brake hard, the front nose dive, back in comes up and you have the mufflers running into the driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
(*@^$)()[email protected]&@(**@()@#&^@(*&$)[email protected]#)_(*$)[email protected]!*&^[email protected]#

Those are the words I sad as I drove away in 1633 with the new exhaust. I seem to have a problem. everytime I turn it on, I must go faster, IDK, do others have this problem.

It's hard to believe that a 4.6 can produce that type of sound, it seems to be more fitting an old big block or something.....The in-car SLP sound is awesome....:dhg01:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MaineBullitt said:
It's hard to believe that a 4.6 can produce that type of sound, it seems to be more fitting an old big block or something.....The in-car SLP sound is awesome....:dhg01:
Your tellin me John. It sounds like either a big-block or a 4 valve. I didn't think it would be this awesome.

Bullitt 736 said:
Have you broke it in yet???? You do know how dont you??

Crank it up at 5:00 am!!!! Presto. :badgrin:
LOL I pretty much did that this morning when I left for work this morning :badgrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts