Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doah! looks like they were having a little fun over at Edmunds. The executive editor would pick the Bullitt, not that he did. This wasn't evident until I looked at the other tax refund cars.. :oops:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not bad company on that list (except the Kia. Yikes):

1. BMW 330Ci Convertible (0-60 in 5.8, same website rates the Bullitt 0-60 in 5.9. Beats the Bullitt in braking: 60-0: 120 ft vs 125 ft for the Bullitt. Beats the Bullitt in handling).
2. Bullitt (You know what it can do).
3. Kia Rio (for $8995, one can be yours too. And, unlike the Bullitt, it comes with a 10 YEAR full powertrain warranty. Probably not a lot of wear with 96HP+98ft/lbs of torque. Still, not bad power for such a small car).
4. 2002 Mini Cooper S (163 HP, supercharged; probably mod-able to a bit more. Also probably a blast to drive).
5. Porsche Boxster S (Will hang with a Bullitt: 0-60 in 5.7 stock, beats the Bullitt through the twisties, and wastes the Bullitt in braking (122 ft vs 125 ft 60-0. However, the Porsche brakes can do this all day long without fading).

Pretty good company on this list... The two "potentially better" cars on this list (items 1 & 5) are also way, way more expensive :wink:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well, wouldn't it be nice to get that guy into BullittClub? That would make for some healthy P.R.

·
Registered
153 Posts
He's posted here before. In a thread a long time ago, he referred to a story he wrote called, "How I helped kill the F-Body."

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yes, he posts here occasionally! he is a car enthusiast, a Bullitt owner, & a good guy!

·
Registered
878 Posts
He must really like the car because as he said-"Auto writers buying their own car is like the President buying a gun for personal protection."-I love that line!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts