Exhaust "Drone-KILLER" can make or "Break" your Mustang Experience

IMBOC Members & Guest

Exhaust
"DRONE-KILLER"

T.H.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
A very interesting read there, thanks for sharing that Terry.

I'd be very curious to hear what a set would sound like on a Bullitt with the OEM H pipe.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lightning said:

I'd be very curious to hear what a set would sound like on a Bullitt with the OEM H pipe.
Mike,

Let Me know after "You" get your's .............

LOL,

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Shhh, don't give me anymore bad ideas right now. Gotta get the employment thing sorted out first... :(

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
That was a great read on exhaust/muffler design. I have spent a lot of time searching for the right sound/performance package for my Bullitt.
Found it with my own tunable X/H pipe! Something not on the market yet!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lightning said:

Has anyone went with this set up yet?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My '02 GT suffered badly from that drone. While it never really bothered me, you often couldn't hold a conversation w/the person in the passenger seat. I didn't even have headers on that car, just Flowmasters w/cats. Lordy, you shoulda heard that thing w/the cats off & Flows on- you couldn't hear yourself think.
Lee

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
that was a very informative article. My DD is a 2007 RAM 2500 Hemi with custom exhaust and a Magnaflow muffler. The drone around 1700RPM is horrible. One of these days I'm going to rip it off and try another combo, or go back to stock if I have to.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PX-NH said:
that was a very informative article. My DD is a 2007 RAM 2500 Hemi with custom exhaust and a Magnaflow muffler. The drone around 1700RPM is horrible. One of these days I'm going to rip it off and try another combo, or go back to stock if I have to.
John,

I am way-way past putting up with a DRONE in a DD.

I can Relate !!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
173 Posts
Corsa's are some of the best systems around...period! I tried a few different exhaust setups on my heads/cam C5 and the Corsa sounded the best by far and had absolutely ZERO drone.

If I ever see a used set for a reasonable price Im gonna snatch it up quick. Only reason I dont have them now is that $700 for a couple mufflers and tips is a bit much IMO...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was thinking of going with an other company but now Corsa's sound pretty good...

thank's Terry for messing up my game plan. Lolll

Sorry been away these days I am also away for the nextcouple of weeks work contract in the Bahama's

I know I have a tough life.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Magnum59l said:
I was thinking of going with an other company but now Corsa's sound pretty good...

thank's Terry for messing up my game plan. Lolll

Sorry been away these days I am also away for the nextcouple of weeks work contract in the Bahama's

I know I have a tough life.
Magnum,

If you have NOT seen or read this Post I did not long ago on "Changing" out my (Mufflers),

you need to check it out.

I Highly recommend the Mufflers if you Do-Not want to put up with any DRONE !!!!

New Magnaflow #15882 2.5" Stainless Mufflers installed !!!

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2029849#post2029849

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've been researching a new exhaust set up for awhile now, and recently decided I'm going with a new Magnaflow catback.

You did get me to take a look at the Corsa set up after reading this post, but they don't offer it for my year. Their site only lists 05 and up Mustangs. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts