Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a bullitt about 2 weeks ago. i love the car, its just great. i really do like the way the exhaust sounds. i would like it to be louder. i have been reading about the ford racing 5320-5gt. i just wanted to know what people have been paying for this system if they would not mind saying. I was going to use a bassani system, but at this point i think i want to try and keep some of the bullitt sound.

thanks
Josh

·
Registered
309 Posts
There are several threads on this site that discuss this topic.
Use the Search Feature "advanced" and enter Exhaust and select this forum "08/09 Mods".
You can also search "youtube.com" and enter 2008 Mustang Bullitt Exhaust there are some videos there with mods done.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I recently installed the FRPP 5GT's, and absolutely love them! I bought them through late model restoration online and paid $399 plus $15 shipping. Also keep an eye on ebay, you might find a good deal on some used ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I think that i have read all the threads on the topic, lots of good info. i have gone to u-tube, i just cant really tell how loud they will be, I dont want something that is to crazy but something close to the loudness of my gt that had the bassani.

thanks
josh

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's okay if you want to change the mufflers, but I would advise that you make the decision after 2000 miles or so. The note does get better with time. When mine was new I wanted more too, but after time it got a little better to the point where I am happy with it for now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good point. I put MAC axlebacks on my 06 GT. They were loud at first, then turned into "Wake-up the neighbor" loud around the 2-3k mile mark. Same with the Magnapacks on my 03 GT, but worse. I like the Bullitt exhaust so far, because it gets loud when you get on it.

Dave and Julie said:
It's okay if you want to change the mufflers, but I would advise that you make the decision after 2000 miles or so. The note does get better with time. When mine was new I wanted more too, but after time it got a little better to the point where I am happy with it for now.

·
Registered
483 Posts
o2gt said:
Hi I just bought a bullitt about 2 weeks ago. i love the car, its just great. i really do like the way the exhaust sounds. i would like it to be louder. i have been reading about the ford racing 5320-5gt. i just wanted to know what people have been paying for this system if they would not mind saying. I was going to use a bassani system, but at this point i think i want to try and keep some of the bullitt sound.

thanks
Josh
Josh,

Currently, I think $400 is about the going price. As Dave and Julie mention, the sound will mature if you're willing to wait and see if it grows to your liking. I wanted my exhaust note a little louder too. But I'm older and maybe my hearings just bad. So after 11 months I changed out the Bullitt axle backs for FRPP "stingers." As a familiar commercial says, "Can you hear me now?":lol:

Search for the best price you can find and then see if a vendor near you will do a price match. Some are willing to cut a little slack on price as long as they still make a decent profit. Pay attention to shipping charges. The stingers aren't real heavy, but will add to the cost if you ship a great distance.

The Bullitt sound is unique and I was very reluctant to make this change. But afterwards I'm very satisfied with the results. IMO they're not obnoxious. I also figured that typically, the cost of car parts doesn't get cheaper with time. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chip721 said:
Josh,

Currently, I think $400 is about the going price. As Dave and Julie mention, the sound will mature if you're willing to wait and see if it grows to your liking. I wanted my exhaust note a little louder too. But I'm older and maybe my hearings just bad. So after 11 months I changed out the Bullitt axle backs for FRPP "stingers." As a familiar commercial says, "Can you hear me now?":lol:

Search for the best price you can find and then see if a vendor near you will do a price match. Some are willing to cut a little slack on price as long as they still make a decent profit. Pay attention to shipping charges. The stingers aren't real heavy, but will add to the cost if you ship a great distance.

The Bullitt sound is unique and I was very reluctant to make this change. But afterwards I'm very satisfied with the results. IMO they're not obnoxious. I also figured that typically, the cost of car parts doesn't get cheaper with time. Good luck.
Thanks for the help. I found them for $399 seems like a good price to me. part of me thinks i should wait and see what they will sound like, I have about 1,000 miles so far. i suppose i will do this or get a brenspeed tune.

thanks
josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts