Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed my BBK off road x-pipe I had 2 problems.

1-I had to pull the studs because the flange wouldnt titen all the way.
2-I put two bolts instead of the studs and bolted it up.Iwas like man that was easy.
I went to crank it up and it made a bad crackle sound like open headers.
What is the problem I cant figure it out .
Got to get it fixed soon!!!

Chris

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS it is the driver side where it bolts to the manifold.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there isnt any its a ball and socket fitting.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did you remove the stock metal gasket from the passenger side where the X-pipe meets the headers before using the gasket that came with the x-pipe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My x pipe didnt come with one. Man this made me wish I just got a bassani.I dont think it is leaking from that side anyway.Its coming from the ball and socket fitting and is leaking really bad now.I am almost ashamed to drive my car now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, the stock H-pipe has a cut out or indentation where the metal gasket sits into. It seals flush against the header area. Im guessing the X-pipe was just flat where it attaches to the header passenger side. I had a mac H-pipe and they sent me a gasket. I too had to remove the studs for the drivers side. I think the car runs much better with the stock H in my oponion. I have CDC side exhaust with the stock H. I think you lose way too much torque with an after market H, X pipe because the diameter of the piping is just to large for a normally aspirated engine.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Team Bullitt......was that you that emailed me about the xpipe? if so here is my number, call and i can tell you easier than i can write it how to fix the problem. it an easy fix but hard to explain on keyboard.

cell - 832-865-6931

call anytime or maby do a voice chat on the computer

Jerry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea that was me ill give you a call.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts