·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Had my appointment today at the dealer and of course because it’s not happening they couldn’t find anything wrong but the error message has been noted in case it reoccurs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same exhaust mode problem at 3000 miles. I tried your fix by changing modes before starting. No joy. What did the dealer tell you?
Was the problem fixed? Mine won't let me change anything in My Mode. I had my mode set up with Sport Steering and Track Exhaust. It reset to Normal steering and Normal mode. All the connections at the muffler seem OK. Maybe just a software problem? I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, then tried again
Still no joy. What did the dealer do to fix yours?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Finally figured out my exhaust selection problem. When we did the H-pipe/resonator delete, we left the H-pipe a touch too long allowing the wiring pigtail on top of the servo motor to rub on a panel seam under the trunk, shorting it out. New pigtail ordered and will shorten the H-pipe about an inch for clearance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
After wiring in the new $45.00 pigtail and shortening the H-pipe by an inch, I still had no selective exhaust available. Back to the dealer to find out what to do next. Embarrassingly, all they did was replace fuse #34, something that had not occurred to us. All good now. Lesson learned. Wearing my "stupid" hat for a week.

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
After wiring in the new $45.00 pigtail and shortening the H-pipe by an inch, I still had no selective exhaust available. Back to the dealer to find out what to do next. Embarrassingly, all they did was replace fuse #34, something that had not occurred to us. All good now. Lesson learned. Wearing my "stupid" hat for a week.

You are now qualified!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the flaps in the exhaust system is the stupidest thing they could ever do!!! What if you want to go aftermarket? Then you have these stupid motors you have deal with and either weld them into the new exhaust system or somehow delete them and program your ECM to disable them.
I think it was a great option and the only ones having a problem with it is those that mod their car, which is exactly where that problem belongs. The tech is sound “literally” and the onus where it belongs, with those that choose to mod the existing not those that enjoy the options as factory assets.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have the same exhaust mode problem at 3000 miles. I tried your fix by changing modes before starting. No joy. What did the dealer tell you?
Was the problem fixed? Mine won't let me change anything in My Mode. I had my mode set up with Sport Steering and Track Exhaust. It reset to Normal steering and Normal mode. All the connections at the muffler seem OK. Maybe just a software problem? I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, then tried again
Still no joy. What did the dealer do to fix yours?
The dealer said they didn’t see anything wrong so they had no info or suggestions. I had already “fixed” it by changing modes before starting so if that didn’t work for you, I’m not sure what will. I do think it was a software glitch but idk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Mine is going in to the dealer on 8/26. OP, have you gotten any resolution from your dealer?

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm having the same problem. Mine is going in to the dealer on 8/26. OP, have you gotten any resolution from your dealer?

No, I had fixed it myself before my appointment by toggling through the different modes in Accessory mode before starting. I was trying listen to hear if the valves were opening/closing so I did that without the car running and in my garage so I could hear it. They were and then when I actually started the issue was gone. I just got lucky and haven’t had the issue since and that’s been about three months ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone seen this message?

I've been seeing it 30-60 seconds after startup the last few days. I can still change modes and it seems to work but I'm a little concerned about what might be causing the message.
I just got it today on my 2020 GT500. Stuck in normal mode while engine running. Just scheduled service at the dealer. I did end up doing one thing because I don’t like driving in normal exhaust mode. I removed fuse number 34 under the hood Fuse Box. It’s power to the 2 actuators. The system is spring return fail open so when the car is off the valves are wide open. Ford does this because both valves are to be fully open when engine is being started. Now both valves stay wide open no matter what. Car sounds good now stuck in Track mode. Still having the dealer fix it.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I was worried it would be stuck in Quiet mode, that's awesome, you've stuck yourself in Track! I love it!

I only had the issue that one time early on, never happened again 🤞

21 - 34 of 34 Posts