Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIGHT NOW IM RUNNING PYPES HEADERS, FACTORY "H" PIPE AND SLP LOUDMOUTHS, SOUNDS GREAT, BUT DOES ANYONE THINK AN OFFROAD "X" PIPE WITH FLOWMASTERS WOULD SOUND BETTER? IM THIS CLOSE TO ORDERING IT SO PLEASE GUYS LEMME KNOW, THANK YOU

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about the caps

i dont know, it sounds good but loud as hell, im only running cats and straight pipes so i guess i lost the "bullit" sound, i think the flows with the "x" pipe will give me a little more backpressure = more low end torque, the kit will be here on wed. im installing it wed. night after work, ill keep you updated

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just got my Pypes x pipe from brenspeed, Will install tomorrow if it dont snow. I already have jba shortys and borla stingers. Iam leaving the cats on. I dont like the stock h pipe with the thumpr cams. Hope to get a sound bit soon

·
Registered
293 Posts
cpd0924 said:
Just got my Pypes x pipe from brenspeed, Will install tomorrow if it dont snow. I already have jba shortys and borla stingers. Iam leaving the cats on. I dont like the stock h pipe with the thumpr cams. Hope to get a sound bit soon

ive been tempted to do the same but i still want some sort of "original" sound....so im thinking about removing the cats....not sure how that would sound. Is the baffle that is in our H-pipe in the middle of the H?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Rico Dont forget we have to have the cars tested in chy Town

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Rico I dont have a clue on the placement of baffle in H pipe Maybe RC might know

·
Registered
293 Posts
cpd0924 said:
Rico Dont forget we have to have the cars tested in chy Town
For sure my man! I usually go to the big car show in Rolling Meadows in the summer with my dad. I will be changing something on the exhaust but I want to have a "unique" sound. Hey off subject here... are you CPD? Did you know anyone from the TRU? Reason I ask is because my cousing just passed away and he was in the TRU:doubt:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Dont change the stock H pipe. I installed X pipe today had in on for 5 miles sounded terrible Put H back on still not real happy. But better H than X

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
RC You are always right Iam keeping the H on this time

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Someday I hope to have a set of custom headers made so I can keep my Bullitt h-pipe. The cats will have to go to make this work.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
That's a neat idea. I bet if you sent it to any of the header shops that do headers for S197's, they'd splice in your H pipe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.