Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've seen a number of posts about your '08 Bullitts getting a bit louder with a few miles (1500-2500) on them. Mine has now 1100 miles and I'd swear it's getting QUIETER (still sounds mighty GOOOOD though). Anybody else notice this? Or perhaps I'm just getting used to it..? I just love the thing and especially the popping and snapping when I back off the gas or let it coast down.

Thanks,
mogul2us

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I can tell you Wolfie's Bullitt has a fantastic exhaust sound on the highway, listening to it from another car.

I wouldn't change a thing about the exhaust of my Bullitt

·
Registered
969 Posts
i love the way mine sounds too. come to think of it, i have never heard my exhaust from anywhere but inside. i'm gonna have to get someone to drive it so i can hear it from the outside.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine seemed kinda quiet at the beginning. Just took it on a 1000 mile vacation trip, and I swear it really opened up. When I took off from a toll both and gunned it to pull infront of a few trucks that were all merging into the lanes, I actually felt sorry for the guy who just took my money, his ears are probably still ringing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hummm...well, maybe I just need a little highway trip to clean it out. Mostly, after a 500 mile trip home from where I bought it, I've just been chugging around town. I do love the sound and have no interest in changing mufflers or anything, I just swear it's getting quieter.

Thanks!
mogul2us

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
At 2000 rpm in 4th coming up to a stop sign ,I will bump up the rpms to 4k and let the clutch out into 2nd! It sounds so nice when it backs down, and I think I helped my exhaust season in a bit:)
I have about 4k on my Beast

·
Registered
211 Posts
i'm gonna have to get someone to drive it so i can hear it from the outside.
BLASPHEMY I SAY!!!!:mad:

Unless, of course, it's another BULLITT owner.:wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
mogul2us said:
I think I've seen a number of posts about your '08 Bullitts getting a bit louder with a few miles (1500-2500) on them. Mine has now 1100 miles and I'd swear it's getting QUIETER (still sounds mighty GOOOOD though). Anybody else notice this? Or perhaps I'm just getting used to it..? I just love the thing and especially the popping and snapping when I back off the gas or let it coast down.

Thanks,
mogul2us
put your foot in it, It will get louder :wink: . I have almost 2500 miles on min, and it seems the last 500 mi, the exhause has sounded really good.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have a little over 3K on 2413 now and it has gotten deeper over the last couple weeks But I cant say it is louder. But I have been drive it with the AC to hot and sticky to drive with the Windows down in the summer. I do love the sound of these cars and would not change it for the world.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think it is pretty loud from outside the car. I can hear it echo off of buildings around me when I get on it. I still think it is the best Mustang exhaust I've ever heard. People are even asking me what I've "got in there" and I just tell them it's all stock.

·
Registered
969 Posts
rich,
i think i am going to get this guy i saw the other day holding a sign that said "will drive your bullitt for booze money" to take her around the block for a sound check. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: i'll report back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts