- mac o/r prochamber with slp's
or
- slp o/r x pipe with slp's
??????
just curious, thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
the o/r x will be louder, a LOT louder. and if you're talking about the loudmouth I's, it will sound like complete and utter crap. I know bc Ive had about every SLP combo they offer, and just for kicks we took ran that combo around town one night. it is insanely loud and will draw (unwanted) attention a mile away. Not to mention it sounds like crap.

Watch this vid, but imagine the volume being about 20X louder. I swear, the camera doesnt begin to give you an idea of how loud it really is.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Qeg8nAQ30M

If you want loud, get the O/R X and loudmouth II's. They are plenty loud and dont sound like an elephant flatuating into a megaphone.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
agreed, Im going for a more throaty, hollow sound. the OR-X is good if your just racing and dont car about sound, but the O/R H pipe is more of a toned sound for the streets

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I don't know if you've already visited the site for examples, but www.mustangexhaust.com has a good collection of different exhaust type sound clips that may be able to help you in your decision. You surely don't want to pay to have an expensive setup installed and be unhappy with your choice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You're best off to go with the ProChamber. The ProChamber sounds killer, it can't be beat. If you run SLP's with an X-pipe, it will sound very high and raspy, trust me. The ProChamber gives a nice, deep big-block sound and will sound much better IMO. The X will probably be a little louder decibel-wise, but the ProChamber will be deeper and will be heard and felt, not just heard.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the slp loudmouth II with the slp catted x pipe, and I love the sound. It is much deeper and less raspy than the loudmouth I. It is plenty loud, but not unbearable around town and on the highway if yu drive your Bullitt a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts