Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace my stock exhaust system, and I was hopeing u guys could give me some advice. Here's what I'd like to do: Want the exhaust to be fairly loud.
Spend about $400 to $500. Keep the brushed aluminum tips. And what brand u would recommend, and where to purchase it.
I have also be told that unless u work on a lift, ur gonna have to cut the OEM pipes to remove it.
Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If your not sure of the sound your looking for or system you want check out mustangexhaust.com they have different sound clips. Im going with Magnaflow Magnapack and to keep the brushed tip look I ordered a set MRT tips.You should be able to remove you old exhaust without cutting if you unbolt your UCAs and drop the rearend as far as possible.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Let the exhaust arguments begin:

I used to be a big fox-body guy...and LOVED the sound of the ol' 5.0 mustangs....so take this comment w/ a grain of salt but after a 1/2 gig of downloads on mustangexhaust LOL and a bad experience w/ an x-pipe...I finally came to the conclusion that I needed the following:

Mac Off-road h-pipe = 140.00
Ford h-pipe gasket = 20.00
MIL Eliminators = 60.00
Flowmaster 2 Chamber(2x)= 120.00
+weld 60.00

--------
Total 400.00

Waking your neighbor up at 6 AM to the sound of your Bullitt. Priceless.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
As someone said, let the arguments begin! :wink:

Check my sig. I went with:

MRT's Stainless H-PIPE 99-04 W/Cats
MRT's Max Thunder 304SS Catback w/Brushed Tips

Clip: http://mrt-direct.com/concept/exhaust/Sounds/Mach 1 MaxThunder.wav

Awesome sound!These are the same exhausts that Scott Hoag has on his '01 Black Bullitt. IMHO, these replicate the exact sound from the movie "Bullitt". The clip doesn't do them justice.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have BBK Longtubes, Dr. Gas o/r x-pipe and Bassani catback. This is my favorite setup that I have heard on these cars. It's nice b/c it is quiet at idle and putting around, but at wide open throttle it screams! It all depends on what sound you are looking for.

If you want the most ridiculously loud product they make get an SLP setup. If you want more of a muscle car sound go with the h-pipe and if you want a more exotic sound get the x-pipe.

P.S. I have a Stainless Steel Bassani catted x-pipe for sale :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts