Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current combo I have on the Bullitt is a BBK O/R X and 1 chamber Flowmasters. I do like the sound, but the car is unbearable to drive on the highway. I would like to get something a quieter, with a deeper sound.

I was thinking a O/R Prochamber and 2 chamber Flowmasters or the original Bullitt mufflers.

Let me know what you think. Anyone with Prochambers, sound clips would be great.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would say a Prochamber with Magnaflow, Dynomax or Mac would be the best sound. The Flowmasters when combined with no cats are very loud, I would go with a different design of muffler.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
OMG that thing has to be HORRIBLY loud :D lol
if you have the originals, they sound pretty good with an offroad pipe

for more aftermarket
you can't really go wrong with 2 chambers and a OR-H. Sounds amazing. Just be sure to have all leaks sealed or you'll get some crappy pops in there.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I have a MAC o/r H and the stock Bullitts. Sounds like a stock Bullitt only louder. l have a drone right at 70 MPH over or below no problems. SOunds great to me!! H pipes give you the deep sound like the stock sound.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ezekial said:
OMG that thing has to be HORRIBLY loud :D lol
if you have the originals, they sound pretty good with an offroad pipe

for more aftermarket
you can't really go wrong with 2 chambers and a OR-H. Sounds amazing. Just be sure to have all leaks sealed or you'll get some crappy pops in there.
You've got the HORRIBLY loud thing right. Thanks for the help. I had 2 Chambers on my 99 GT and loved them.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I hate to hear how you guys think the one chambers are too loud, i have had mine for over six months now, and with a offroad H pipe, it is PERFECT!!! i have done several trips to ATL and to Birmingham and montgomery with the 1 chambers, and have had no problem with the noise... These are V8's not inline 6's, so i expect my muscle to SOUND like it has a heart!!!

guess if its' too loud, you're just too old!!

shaun

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SniperStang said:
I hate to hear how you guys think the one chambers are too loud, i have had mine for over six months now, and with a offroad H pipe, it is PERFECT!!! i have done several trips to ATL and to Birmingham and montgomery with the 1 chambers, and have had no problem with the noise... These are V8's not inline 6's, so i expect my muscle to SOUND like it has a heart!!!

guess if its' too loud, you're just too old!!

shaun
I guess I'm an old 22 year old then. I don't mind the loudness around town, but when driving on the highway around 55-70, ear plugs are needed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Im going to try an off-road Prochamber or H-pipe with Hooker Aero-Chamber mufflers. I hear they dont drone near as bad as Flows and sounds pretty unique. Like Bullitt mufflers on roids. Somewhere between a chambered and straight through muffler.

BTW, loud doesnt = good sounding. In fact, I believe theres probably a correllation as to exhaust volume and sounds quality. I know my SLP sounded like crap.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If i was you i would put a high-flow cat h-pipe on the car and the original 2 chamber flowmasters or keep the flowmasters you have. The cats will restore some torque and you will be able to get it inspected. Or as an alternative the MAC mufflers have a good tone and arent as loud going down the highway.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd like to do the catted h, but I can't justify the extra $200 to the wife.

·
Registered
221 Posts
well , i live in the same town as you and i know how hard it is to get one inspected w/out converters. You are also losing gas mileage unless you have been tuned for no cats.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers would be good,if you want the Flowmaster sound and power,at a lower level of noise. I have them on my 85 LX,with Flowmaster 3 inch H-pipe,and they are not all that loud.
I have the Pypes Violators on the Bullitt,with O/R H pipe,and they are loud under heavy load.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JSCBullitt said:
well , i live in the same town as you and i know how hard it is to get one inspected w/out converters. You are also losing gas mileage unless you have been tuned for no cats.
I don't have a problem with the inspection (knowing the right people helps:)) I do have a programmer, so no problem with the gas mileage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just intalled my exhaust last night in my driveway. Getting the old one off with
only jackstand-clearance was wonderful:mad: I added an O/R Prochamber and LMII cat-
back. Me likey!:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts