Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a question on the different lengths of the right and left side tailpipes and my Bullitt has the same problem...If this is a real problem. Yesterday I checked my 96 Cobra and the driver side is also longer than the passenger side. HUMM....Looks like this problem is not just with the Bullitts. Can anyone confirm this with their other Cobras or GT's.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Vickie and i have the same problems with our Bullitts. Vickie's dealer cut-off one side to even them up.
my problem is that the passenger side pipe barely comes past the rear plastic valance/fascia panel. can hardly see it. i am going to ask Ford to ship out another passenger side tailpipe assembly to make it look like the driver's side

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ok, while you are talking about the exhaust system: what makes it different than the GT? The sound is one of the main reasons I fell in love with the car, but I'm not sure if it's different mufflers, or something else. Can anyone tell me how an x-pipe sounds with the rest left stock?
thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
pipe diameter is the same as GT.
but the cats AND mufflers are "free'r flowing" than the GT(less restrictive) i've heard that the mufflers are the same as the Cobra but i can neither confirm or deny that statement

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The Muffler's are unique to the Bullitt. They were specifically tuned to produce the fantastic sound you hear!

·
Registered
224 Posts
so...those mufflers are gonna be expensive to replace someday. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks Mr T. !!

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
No problem. The mufflers themselves may not be more expensive, but the rolled exhaust tips are definitely more expensive than the standard slash tip GT/Cobra part. I would assume that service sells them separetly. Someone should find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts