Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really. The 3.5" exhaust tips arrived yesterday from MRT. They will be put on the real B on Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do they just cut the other ones off and weld the new one's?

Interesting... How much?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think so. This is something I need to know. For those of you who have done this, how was it done? I am going to save the stock tips in case I sell it someday and someone wants to reinstall the originals. The guy who is going to do it said he will have to drop the exhaust pipe as part of the process. One of the things I want to make sure of is that he gets the tips nice and close to the cutout. Any advice anyone has will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have those tips on my magnaflow catback and they just slipped on and then had an adjustable clamp but my mechanic did spot welds along eith the clamp to ensure a tight fit and btw they look great on the car.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
If you have the stock piping then you will need to modify it to add the tips as the opening for the tips is 2.5 and the stock pipes are smaller. If you have an aftermarket 2.5" catback then just slip them on and tighten them up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Did you go with the chrome tips or the brushed?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brushed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
KEWL! Now you have me thinking...would my wife notice?
Sad... but I was just thinking the same thing right before I read your msg.LOL

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
As my life would have it, my wife doesn't pay too much attention to her own car. Sometimes to the extent of not watching the gas gauge. But the Bullitt! HA! She pays attention to everything about the Bullitt! Listens for the start up rumble when we go somewhere. Wants to make sure everything is running OK. I'm thinking "where did this woman come from?".

There was some dust on it a couple weeks ago. She comes home, walks past it, sees the dust and comes into the house wanting to know what I have been doing in the garage. Didn't pay attention to the fact that the stack of laminate flooring for our bedroom was no longer piled up on the saw horses in the middle of the garage. She was more interested as to why I would do something in the garage, near the Bullitt (I had a table saw outside the garage to cut the flooring to size, and far away from the door). Allow it to get dusty and not clean it off. Hmmmm.

So putting some larger exhaust tips on the Bullitt might be terms for disiplanary actions! If you know what I mean!:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts