Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I did a search on this issue and did not come up with anything but if i missed it please forgive my being redundant.
Anyway my left exhaust tip hangs significantly lower than my right (at least to me). Took my car to the service department and the guy said they could not fix that and to chalk it up to the car being a mass production vehicle. Yea right. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem.
Thanks
Aaron #0685

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ducktape :razz:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Bullitt#0685: A couple of us that I know of has exhaust tip problems in the way that the right side stuck out about 1 1/2 inches or so farther than the left side. You could stand right up to the bumper and look down and see the one side sticking out and the other side "barely" stuck out. We took ours to a reputable Muffler Shop --Midas I believe, and they fixed the problem--with the payment from Ford of course! :smile:

Here is the thread after I got my tips fixed:
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=127&forum=9

You have to tell them probably, that the tips are aluminum and not chrome, tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-10-20 00:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea twostang, I think I will give that a try. If that does not work then maybe I'll try the duct tape.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I Work for Ford and have almost nothing good to say about the service I have gotten at dealers. In three visits to the dealer for oil changes, I have not had my powersteering fluid filled. It was low when I took it in the first time and the tires' pressure were never checked. They were all low and it was pulling to the right. I adjusted the tires and figured the warrenty would cover the rest if it went bad. The second time around I told the service writer that since I was paying for full service, they ought to have the tech do it all... they did not do it. 3rd time resulted in the same thing, tire pressures all off and still low on power steering fluid. While it was getting serviced, I was looking at a F250 4x4 with a V10. They offered me 14K for my Bullitt. Nice, hey? I did not say anything but remembered the owner of the dealership telling me he wanted my business always not just on special cars like the Bullitt, so I called him we had a heart to heart and I am meeting him when my car goes in to have a paint spot fixed. He says he will make it right and give it his personal attention. We'll see! Dealers need to do more to keep our business. They get top doller so they should do the best work and Quality should still be Job 1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-21 21:00 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts