Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting flowmasters for the exhaust system and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I want to pretty much unbolt the factory system from the h-pipe and store it away instead of trying to modify it. I want a custom Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 series put on with just mufflers, and probably dump the exhaust after the muffler. Basically I dont want an expensive setup, I want it loud, but I also want to easily put the stock system back on if need be. Do you think this is a good idea? I really like the sound of the Delta 40 and I think with dumps it will be plenty loud enough. Not going for looks on this one, just sound/performance. Opinions?

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
To remove the stock cat-back, you will either have to cut it, or lower the rear axle to get it out. I'd say just cut it, or weld in the flowmaster mufflers of your choice (1 chamber/2 chamber are loud), and an o/r H pipe. Should do the trick. Performance from a cat-back? It is minimal with any that you go with, unless you slap on some LT's, then you will 'see' or 'feel' some difference. I personally went with LT's, o/r H, and 2 chamber flowmasters dumped. This was after the o/r X (too raspy for me), Prochamber with the stock cat-back (not loud enough for my tastes), full cat-back, yadda yadda yadda. I am very happy now, and wish I would have done the current combo first...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts