Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what size the stock exhaust pipes are?

I don't want to replace it but I was thinking of just replacing the mufflers.

I really don't want to get rid of the brushed aluminum tail pipes.

I was thinking of getting the Edelbrock rpm series muffler cause it seems to have more of a 60's sound to it

#5229 is parked in my driveway.
It's green ,beautiful and it's mine!
Densecharger system #4 added

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-27 11:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
109 Posts
I may be wrong but I think they are 2.25 inches. Someone please correct me if I am quoting the wrong size.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I went with a mac cat back 2.50 exhuast looks good and you can install it in your drive way w/hand tools. Once you pull out your old system you will see that it's junk
I'am going to cut off the tips on the stock
exhuast and weld them to the new one (will need welder). Love the sound. Oh by the way yes the stock exhuast is 2.25 in some places
2.00 in others and the tips you already know what size they are.... Hope this helps
cost on cat-back 289.00 well worth it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the tips are 3" aren't they?

·
Registered
543 Posts
01Bullitt, RPM series are pretty quiet. I would recommend Magnaflows. I wielded a pair in my stock catback. They sound sweet with a Bassani X with cats. You would need to order P/N MF11235. Full Line Exhaust has them for $47 ea. Their phone number is 800-467-9917 or their website is http://www.fullineexhaust.com.

John

Pro 5.0 Shifter
Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
GT Fog Lights / Tinted Windows
MGW LTD Interior Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-10-27 16:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-10-27 16:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-10-27 16:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the magnaflows have to be welded in?

How do they sound?

If you had a sound file of your exhaust that would be awesome

·
Registered
543 Posts
01Bullitt, not sure I understand your question. If you are asking if you can clamp the Magnaflows in instead of wield them in I suppose you could but I would rather wield them in. You can always get the full Magnaflow or Magnapack catback if you don't want to have any wielding done. I elected to reuse the stock catback pipes with the Manaflows to a) save money and b) retain the the stock rolled tips. On the negative side I have a 2.25 inch catback system bolted to a 2.5 inch Bassani X pipe with cats. Don't have any sound clips but I believe there are some clips on the Magnaflow site as well as at stangnet and corral if you do a search.

John

·
Registered
540 Posts
i have 2.5 in borla mufflers for sale in the swap meat section. they are new in box i never put them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts