Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any axle-back exhaust scenarios that would compromise performance? Back pressure issues and such? Chambered vs straight-thru? Specifically when it comes to the Bullitt's h-pipe setup? All of the exhausts that I have heard increase the db's which is what I want, I'm just wandering which kind of exhaust would either increase hp/mpg or decrease hp/mpg? I like the Boom Tubes and the SSS. I have also considered the Cherry Bomb Extremes after hearing them even though alot of people have boo-hissed them at their very mentioning.

Sorry if I am confusing everyone.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Yoshi5674 said:
Are there any axle-back exhaust scenarios that would compromise performance? Back pressure issues and such? Chambered vs straight-thru? Specifically when it comes to the Bullitt's h-pipe setup? All of the exhausts that I have heard increase the db's which is what I want, I'm just wandering which kind of exhaust would either increase hp/mpg or decrease hp/mpg? I like the Boom Tubes and the SSS. I have also considered the Cherry Bomb Extremes after hearing them even though alot of people have boo-hissed them at their very mentioning.

Sorry if I am confusing everyone.
Take a look at this Thread as a great many members have went with these.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168811

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yoshi5674 said:
WOW! Great write-up and review! Thank you!
I have the same system and it's excellent. No effect on the gurgle/pop etc characteristics of the bullitt H-pipe, it only changed the tone (very deep) and the loudness which is loud but not enough to be obnoxious or become annoying in the cabin. For a hot minute there I thought I could feel the HP and torque gain but really I think that's all in my head. Not sure about gas mileage yet, I'm on my first tank of gas since it was installed.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
MustangLynda said:
I have the same system and it's excellent. No effect on the gurgle/pop etc characteristics of the bullitt H-pipe, it only changed the tone (very deep) and the loudness which is loud but not enough to be obnoxious or become annoying in the cabin. For a hot minute there I thought I could feel the HP and torque gain but really I think that's all in my head. Not sure about gas mileage yet, I'm on my first tank of gas since it was installed.
Lynda,

Is having the time of Her Life Modding that Bullitt :clap:

You Go-Girl :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

tigerhonaker

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
I would recommend that you listen to as many sound clips as you can prior to purchasing as it is a sizeable investment even if it is just mufflers. There are several members on here with different systems in their car and most of the major muffler/exhaust manufacturers have sound clips you can listen to on their site. Also, listen around you as there are a lot of modded 197's out there you can hear different set-ups on. Just don't compare with any prior models as the exhaust system on the earlier cars is a different set-up and has a different sound that wouldn't be duplicated.

Lastly, many of the Mustang sites have members who have posted sound clips that could also aid in your decision.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Great advice there Tim.

Myself, while I have not yet updated my exhaust it is high on my list of things to do. I still haven't decided, but I have been partial to the 500 KRs (one plus is they already have the correct Bullitt tips on them), but with all of the positive feedback on the Magnaflows I am starting to lean in that direction.

I just wish there was someone with these installed living closer to me so I could hear in person...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts