Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested in seeing what's behind them a little better this might be useful. I bought a set of expanded view outside mirrors for an Explorer 4 years ago. When I got the Bullitt I was just not comfortable with the wimpy outside mirrors, felt like I was driving with a bucket on my head. So I tracked down the manufacturer of the mirrors, sent them a pattern of the stock mirrors, and they were kind enough to hand make me a set for the Bullitt. The company is MultiVex Mirror and the president is Robert McCord. I talked to Mr. McCord today and he said that if anyone is interested in getting a set for a late model Mustang he would tool up (about a 4 week process) and produce some for $60 a set plus shipping. His products are not some cheap clip-on or stick-on spot mirrors. MultiVex uses good quality glass that is slightly curved and virtually fits exactly over the existing outside mirrors with double-sided tape. The website is http://www.multivexmirror.com and the address is 6220 Burton St, Romulus, MI, 48174-4222. Phone 734-595-8957. The part numbers are 22015LH (driver side) and 22016RH (passenger side). Check it out if your interested. I certainly recommend them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dsheltonpine on 2002-01-09 14:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-09 15:49, kfengler wrote:
I know the mirrors on the Mustang arn't the biggest, but I'm pretty much used to them now!

I looked through the site and this picture is interesting. According to it the mirrors are more convex than the one on the right side of cars... That would make the image pretty small, and in my opinion much harder to judge how fast any vehicle is approaching...

BULLITTCLUB Albums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2002-01-09 15:50 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct to note these concerns. However, the problem is minimized because the mirrors do not have a constant curvature, they are virtually flat near the car with the majority of the curvature on the outer edge. I find that distant objects appear pretty normal and the close objects, well at least they appear. The instructions for the mirrors do warn of a learning curve as the driver gets used to them, however I thought they were great from day one, no surprises. Even my wife who has no concept of time, distance, and velocity has been accident free for 4 years using them. Of course some people might hate them so choose wisely. Thanks for the extra input.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-09 20:10, kfengler wrote:
That does seems to sound good then! I would like to see the actual product before I spend $60.00 on them! Do they sell in any retail outlets that you know of?
I'll have to do a search...

Karl Fengler

BULLITTCLUB Albums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-09 20:26 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know of any retail outlets that sell them. I first found them in a Performance Products catalog that had truck/SUV goodies. MultiVex's website says that team Penske used their mirrors at Indy. Guess that's a pretty good endorsement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts