Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford offers an extended warranty of 8 years, 60,000 for $2100 (PremiumCARE), interest free - paid over 18 or 24 months. Please give me your thoughts on this... I am sure I will never drive the car more than 5000 miles per year...so that's why I would opt for this particular plan, but did any of you buy an extended warranty? Thoughts, experience? Thanks-Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is a great question. I'm in a similar situation. What has been the experience with other '19, '20 owners on reliability and repairs to date?

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
in my opinion, with all the electronics in modern vehicles, I would get it without hesitation and have on the last 4 vehicles I have purchased for my family.

Reactions: pony4bt

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
As long as its the Ford Warranty and not some re-seller insurance company. Probably not a bad idea. Shop the dealers in your area, sometimes there are pricing differences. Good luck.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
^^^very true, the dealers can offer different packages at different prices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in my opinion, with all the electronics in modern vehicles, I would get it without hesitation and have on the last 4 vehicles I have purchased for my family.
I agree...the cost is $1700 for 48,000 miles and 8 years.... which is about where I think I will be...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as its the Ford Warranty and not some re-seller insurance company. Probably not a bad idea. Shop the dealers in your area, sometimes there are pricing differences. Good luck.
Yes, through Ford...definitely. $1700 approx for 8 year 48,000 miles (which, should be fine for how often I drive this car)...but very good point, I agree.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, I got a mailing form Ford and called the PH Number for the quote...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a great question. I'm in a similar situation. What has been the experience with other '19, '20 owners on reliability and repairs to date?
I think that's exactly what I am asking here.... Have others experienced issues with the Bullitt that might warrant the $1700 protection?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I am waiting for Ford to give me better offers for extended warranty offers. Ater just 10 months of Covid driving, just over 5k miles, so I would be looking for longer miles, longer years. And then shop other dealerships for price. Each dealership can set a price. Will probably be holding back on extended warranty purchase based upon year 2 vs year 3 mileage . Will be our true roadtripper past year 3 OEM warranty. We will be putting some miles on BLLT2 just past then.
So far, no issues noticed. Only performance mods are JLT Air-Oil separator and Steeda H-pipe. Will not affect the OEM warranty.
But I am concerned about the Gertrag trans, espcially since Ford is putting the Tremec in the Mach 1.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ford offers an extended warranty of 8 years, 60,000 for $2100 (PremiumCARE), interest free - paid over 18 or 24 months. Please give me your thoughts on this... I am sure I will never drive the car more than 5000 miles per year...so that's why I would opt for this particular plan, but did any of you buy an extended warranty? Thoughts, experience? Thanks-Bill
I recently purchased the Ford ESP plan.
I purchased the 8 yr 48,000 mi Premium Plan.
I purchased it from Flood Ford, they offered a considerable discount.
In addition to the discount, you could also use your Ford Pass points for an additional discount.
They were the only dealer that mentioned using your Ford Pass points.
Take a look at their website for all the info.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I bought an extended warranty
i’m still scared about the oil cooler and air con issues although things seem to have quietenEd down on both these issues in more recent times

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Excellent question . I today received the information from Ford about extended warranty.

My 2019 has less than a thousand miles. The virus has destroyed the plans and fun we expected to enjoy with it .

The warranty expires in 13 months as I picked it up October 2018 .
It will never see 50 K for sure in my life even thinking I can make another 8 years myself. lol

I'm going to go for the premium one next spring. My Ford dealer advised me to wait until then so I could get closers to the Ford warranty ending and then come back and see him about extending.

Larry

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
FWIW, my son's 2016 GT had a major a/c issue this summer & his factory warranty expired 1-month prior. Dealer quoted $2,600 repair...>.<

Luckily he previously had car in f/ a/c fix under warranty (year prior) & dad (me) got involved. I discussed situation w/ Service Mgr & only paid $500 to cover their tech's labor (dealer ate remainder).

Moral of the story is...these cars are rolling computers so the days of self-fix are dwindling. Unless you're a certified tech - extended warranty isn't a bad deal. Other option is to put $$$ aside f/ rainy-day (future service).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went for it through the dealer. We plan on keeping the car. Repair costs are high. Two repairs in 6+ years cover the cost of the warranty. Luv this car.

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
I've owned an S550 Mustang since 2014 (first, a 2015 GT, and now a 2019 Bullitt). The biggest, possible trouble areas for which I would buy an extended warranty would be the AC system (however, there was a part revision in the suspect area a few years back so you shouldn't face that in the Bullitt), the transmission (I've had no trouble with either car), the 2019's engine since it is a dual fuel delivery system of port and direct injection, or the infotainment system.

I feel fairly confident in the 2019 and 2020 Bullitt reliability because they were released 5 years after the S550 was introduced and 1 years after the 2018 model year refresh. It's my assertion that tires and fuel are probably the biggest concerns in the first 5 years of these cars service life. After that, if you haven't had a failure that's been covered by the 3/36, shopping around for an extended warranty that would be lower in price than $2100 is prudent, if you want an extended warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Suggest you go to Ford website to get a baseline quote. My dealer (now former dealer) quoted a 50% premium over direct from Ford.

I have PP022 and unfortunately Ford set the in-service date as April 2018 even though as of 10/2019 it only had 22 miles on it. I bought it 12/19 and it only has 4000 miles now. Not enough to drive out production issues so before this March I’ll buy an extended warranty.

I found out that the center dash controls (screen down to ac/heat controls to USB port/toggles) is one unit made by a sub-k to Ford. The USB didn’t work because it turns out it wasn’t plugged into the harness but if the USB was defective the entire unit would have had to be replaced (the usb inside the center console is a $49 part).

That would pay for warranty in one shot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts