Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I'm back on this subject with a question. My ford dealer is at around 1700. plus tax for the 8 year 36000 miles. Tenn tax is might as well say10%

This brochure I receive is from "Ford Protect." It looks official so I called the number and the same policy is less by about 200 dollars.

I would like to know if anyone has dealt with Ford Protect and are they a squared way outfit?

They seemed very professional on the phone providing all the information about coverage.
But, alI I did was provide information about the car and get a quote on cost.

I haven't asked them how you pay them or about how do I get the proof of purchase.

I do want to do something before October 2021.

Thanks for any assistance.
Larry

·
Administrator
6,568 Posts
Ford Protect is the brand name from Ford Motor Company for the service plan. You should be OK to work with that organization, although if you find a Ford dealership that offers a lower cost on the same plan, that would likely be the way to go.

I've seen one failure of a 2019 Bullitt engine in recent days that's being covered under warranty. Although I don't know the pricet for sure, I suspect that was at least a $9000 engine based on what the crate version from Ford Performance costs. That doesn't include the labor, of course.

A $2000 warranty that replaces a $9000 engine might bring good peace of mind such that I am considering one.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Thanks Tony for the information.
I think I'll just bite the Buillit ;)

and go with my dealer (Ford Protect, $1,870.00 tax included) for 8 years or 36000 miles.
I do have two other new vehicles I have purchased there and do have some trust in them.
Larry

·
Administrator
6,568 Posts
Thanks Tony for the information.
I think I'll just bite the Buillit ;)

and go with my dealer (Ford Protect, $1,870.00 tax included) for 8 years or 36000 miles.
I do have two other new vehicles I have purchased there and do have some trust in them.
Larry
Thanks, Larry, and I know I will be on the lookout this year since my original warranty expires in September.

Reactions: 68Bulit

·
Premium Member
2019 DHG, performance package
59 Posts
I'm back on this subject with a question. My ford dealer is at around 1700. plus tax for the 8 year 36000 miles. Tenn tax is might as well say10%

This brochure I receive is from "Ford Protect." It looks official so I called the number and the same policy is less by about 200 dollars.

I would like to know if anyone has dealt with Ford Protect and are they a squared way outfit?

They seemed very professional on the phone providing all the information about coverage.
But, alI I did was provide information about the car and get a quote on cost.

I haven't asked them how you pay them or about how do I get the proof of purchase.

I do want to do something before October 2021.

Thanks for any assistance.
Larry
As someone else answered, yes they are legit. I just signed up with them. I got the premium (no brainer to me). My new warranty goes till 2028 or 48,000 miles. My Car is strictly for weekends and summertime. I might put 4000 miles on it a year!

·
Registered
48 Posts
spoke with Ford protect today and they quoted 2400 for 8 years, 60,000 miles.
I got the extended warranty through Ford also. I figured with all the electronics in this vehicle it would pay for itself. I got the 72 Month 36000 Mi for $1247.00. I'm retired so I don't put that many miles on my 2019 K1904..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts