Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not get the extended warranty from Ford and was thinking that it might be a good idea. I was wondering what other people had paid and how would I go about getting the best price. THANKS!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I paid for an extended warrenty for mine from a third party and had it written into the contract. Can't remember the name of the company, but it was the same one we bought for my wife's car 5 years ago, and I had to use it a couple of times, without any problems. I paid almost a grand for a 5 year, 75,000 mile warrenty, since I drive roughly 15,000 miles a year. It has a 100 deductible.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I got mine from ford for about 1100 it is 5/75000 with a $50 deductible. But they also claimed that it included a Z-Plan discount.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I purchased the extended warranty from my FORD dealer a month after I purchased my Bullitt for about $1100 with an 18 month payment plan with no interest charged (I beleive they still offer this program). I purchased the 7 year 75,000 mile warranty because I will never come closed to the 75,000 miles - I wanted the most years.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I forgot to add I purchased the 7 year 75,000 PREMIUM warranty with a $50 dollar deductible.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I purchased the 5/60000 warranty for $950 with $50 deductable.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Since I already purchased the car, could I still get the extended warranty? I think I need the 10year/100000 warranty. I got 8000 miles on my car now...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My salesman said that I could get the extended warranty anytime as long as I have not exceeded the 3yrs or 36k miles.

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...Yet..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-11-09 16:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have never heard of 10 year 100,000 mile warranty from Ford as an FYI - I believe they have a 6 year 100,000 or a 7 year 75,000. A far as when you can purchase the warranty you won't be charged a penalty if the car is under 1 year old and has less than 12,000. You technically have up to 3 years and 36,000 miles but you will be charged a penalty for exceeding the 1 year 12,000 mile mark. On my Explorer the penatly was about an extra $100.00.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I think it's a great idea. If anything you have great peace of mind for years. I always get it on my cars. Got way more than I paid into it with my 95 Taurus with only like 4 months left on the warrenty. Good timing huh?

·
Registered
163 Posts
No Extended warranty for me - I know the arguments for it and I know them against it.

I just an not an extended warranty person. Let me roll the dice and if I have problems, I will fix them myself or pay to have them fixed.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I have to agree with you Lou. Save your money till you NEED it. With as little as I drive my car it won't see 10,000 miles in the next 5 years. If you have any major problems I would think you'll see them within the first three years. Anything else will probably be wear and tear items which would not be covered under the extended warranty anyway, would it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts