Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought it might be intersting to see what everyone is using as far as wax, and also for leather care. I am using Liquid Glass for the exterior, that is what I started with, and thats what I'll use for as long as I own the car. I havn't quite decided on the leather yet. I have some Meguires Gold care, but I'm not sure if i'm gonna use it yet. What's everyone else using?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Use Mothers 3 step wax and Maguires Polish for the exterior. For the leather, using Lexol and Maguires Gold Class leather conditioner. Use Vinylex for the dash and vinyl/plastic interior pieces.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lets list what is used for the wash, wax, tire, and interior care of our gems. I read the page over at Stangnet.com about washing you mustang, and have been using the turtle wax car wash for washing my car, and also Sun of A Gun protectant for my tires and dash. Both seem to be great. I've been looking for a good wax, but can not find the one thats reccommended.

·
Registered
151 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-31 16:48, runningforyou wrote:
Lets list what is used for the wash, wax, tire, and interior care of our gems. I read the page over at Stangnet.com about washing you mustang, and have been using the turtle wax car wash for washing my car, and also Sun of A Gun protectant for my tires and dash. Both seem to be great. I've been looking for a good wax, but can not find the one thats reccommended.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Zaino has made my bullitt!!!! It shines like a new penny. I recommend it.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
How frequently are owners cleaning their leather seats? My Bullitt is not a daily driver and is 5 weeks old. I haven't waxed yet but I'm using Mother's California car wash.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Using Armor All car wash and Nu Finish car polish/wax for the exterior and Son of a Gun for the tires and dash.

·
Registered
208 Posts
After looking at the Zaino site, it sounds pretty nice, but a heck of a lot of work. Does this product really make a difference compared with something like Nu Finish. Also, is it really as much work as it sounds and how often do you go through this process? Really thinking about it, but concerned with the time involved.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use Black Magic Tire wet one mine. It doesn't sling off on the quater panel or anything. I use Meguires Wax on the Exteroir. And I wipe down the dash and seats good with a wet cloth. In the owners manual it said not to use anything on the leather seats.
P.S Can someone tell me where I can get Zanio. I've heard of it but never tryed it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-01 13:37, runningforyou wrote:
After looking at the Zaino site, it sounds pretty nice, but a heck of a lot of work. Does this product really make a difference compared with something like Nu Finish. Also, is it really as much work as it sounds and how often do you go through this process? Really thinking about it, but concerned with the time involved.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't think it was so bad. All the products go on real easy, and as long as you let them dry thoroughly (you may have to wait 2 to 4 hours depending on humidity), they come off real easy. I found the process to be enjoyable.

The difference it made on my g/f's blue ZX2 was incredible. The improvement on the DHG is less noticeable, but I'm still very pleased and will continue to use the products.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've been told NuFinish is total snake oil, and as likely to harm your finish as help it. Take that with a grain of salt, I've not read nor heard that anyplace I necessarily trust.

I use Zaino Bros Z.1 and Z.2 on my Bullitt. Everyone seems to say it's so much work. I don't see it as being any more than any other wax/polish. You wipe it on, wait for it to glaze, then buff the crap out of it with some elbow grease. Isn't this the same with any wax/polish? Speaking of which, someone here mentioned that detailing sprays which contain wax may not get along well with Zaino Bros products. (none of which are wax-based) I don't have the specifics on which ones to worry about. The instructions say Z.1 is only needed once or twice a year. They suggest that multiple coats of Z.2 have progressively deeper/shinier/wetter look, though this may be typical marketing hype. I haven't tried it yet. However, 1 coat of Z.1/Z.2 had my car looking better than the day I picked it up, by FAR. I'd love the chance to give a couple of back to back coats and see what things look like. I can honestly say that I've never seen such a big before/after difference on any car when I've waxed it.

I use Blue Coral leather cleaner and leather conditioner (two separate products) on the interior, and I've been happy with it, though the conditioner leaves a fairly matte haze over the leather which I don't necessarily love.

I use Zaino Bros tire dressing, which, as advertised, is not nearly as shiny as silicone dressings. I like it quite a bit.

I'd be interested to hear people's storied with different detailing sprays, too. Plus brake dust inhibitor/cleaner. I heard someone say "don't brake as hard" on some other board, and thought they must be kidding! :smile:

JOe

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>How frequently are owners cleaning their leather seats? My Bullitt is not a daily driver and is 5 weeks old. I haven't waxed yet but I'm using Mother's California car wash.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

My Bullitt is a daily driver, so I do my driver's seat leather about every 2 weeks. Since no one hardly uses the passenger side or the rear seats, I do them about once a month.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Also on this topic, what can be used to keep the engine and engine capartment looking like new?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use all Zaino products and love them. They no more work in my opinion than anything else that I've used.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
DHG-1934,
Z2 will get deeper and deeper with each use. My Zaino guy said it takes about 5 coats to be where you want to be as far as a show shine. I have only done one and it kicks butt. I can't imagine 4 more.
The wife has a white 93 Camray and we kind of let it go. There was NO clear coat on the hood. NO shine, nothing... I did one coat of the Z1 and then a quick Z2 and it looks almost as good as the Bullitt. Unbelieveable. I had tried 2 different waxes before and it did zero, no shine what so ever. I am sold on the Zaino...

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Good question regarding the engine compartment. I try to keep off of dirt roads and wipe down as much as I can with a wet towel. But I notice long term that certain pockets on the intake manifold are going to collect dirt. There are also a lot of areas that are hard to get at.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here is some "genuine" proof of Zaino products:

http://www.ignitionsyndicate.com/josh/23july/

http://www.ignitionsyndicate.com/josh/28july/

The first link is a picture of a '69 Firechicken my friend bought 1 week prior to Hot August Nights in Reno (long story). Anyways, the second link, the last picture is the Firebird after Zaino. AND IT LOOKED BETTER as the week progressed and we gave it some extra coats and Z6. I tell ya, that car convinced me. We bought a case of all the products for the whole club, and while I have done my '65 mustang convertable with it, I have been too lazy (frankly) to go out and do the bullitt. I KNOW it will look great, and it's not "hard" work, just takes some time. In fact, I think the Zaino is easier to put on and take off than Meguires or Mothers (the Bullitt has a bit of both of those on there right now).

I used the Zaino Leather Protectant for the first time last week, and honestly I liked Lexol better. Not sure which protects better, I wasn't about to intentionally spill a Coke on the seat to find out, but the Lexol gave the leather a sort of "grip" that I liked. BUT it was also kind of greasy, which the Zaino wasn't. Also, the LEXOL was more shinny than the Zaino, and IMHO smelled better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Liqid glass's connoisseur's choice on the leather, it contain's no H2O. Smell's fantastic !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts