Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The piece of trim that covers the A-pillar and runs over the drivers door to the B-Pillar was defective when I purchased my car. It is loose and has a small crack. The dealer has finally gotten the part in after ordering the wrong one initially. The service drive manager states that they are going to install it on my car and then paint it. I think it would be better to paint it first so they don't have to tape it off and risk getting overspray on my car. What do you think? Should I demand they paint it first? I also think that if they painted it first, it would only take them a short time to install the new piece and they wouldn't have to keep my car so long.

·
Registered
610 Posts
JT I just had some work done on the left rear. To blend and match properly they had to paint parts of the rear deck and tail. It would seem they would need to paint on the car and blend to get the best job.The body people said the DHG is tricky to get just right. Mine came out very well. Good luck

·
Registered
724 Posts
This is not true, I would demand that the piece be painted off the car. I had a incorrect c-pillar installed at the factory and yes they do have to blend off of something so they took the piece you were describing and blended off of that. But both pieces were painted off of the car. Do not let them paint the pieces on the car, if they refuse take it some where else. If it's a reputable shop they will respect your concerns.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't let the dealership do it!!! Take the part and your car to an excellent body shop and have them do it. My experiance with dealerships and painting is a) poor blending, b) MAJOR overspray, and c)doesn't hold up to weathering.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
DHG is a pain to paint mines in the body shop for the second time after the dealer body shop did a &%#[email protected]# up job. Now its in the shop to be fixed and it has been inther sence the 14th of nov.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I always make the body shop I use paint parts off the car. They are not a dealership body shop and are happy to do it my way. They know how picky I am and they are happy to do it.

Dark Highland Green is no harder to mix than any other metalic. I have a small can right now in my garage for touch up. It is a good match.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah, I don't buy that it's a pain to paint. The shop that painted my car is not at the dealership, but they do all the dealship's warranty work. They did an outstanding job. If the shop knows what they are doing they shouldn't have a problem with the color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts