Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fyi for anyone who is looking for a way to hard wire anything in. in the back of the cd player the solid black is the ground and a black wire with a red stripe on both sides is the power. if you splice anything in to those (ex. radar detector, extra interior lighting) they will work when the car is on and in the accesory position, and not be on when the car is turned off with the key out

i thought thise would be informative to anyone looking for a good power source for an accesory

tyler

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Thanks.. I am just about to splice my radar detector in after running the cable through the head liner and down the A-pilar. It will be nice to have all the wires hidden.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
With alllll the wires under the glove box, I was unable to "Quickly" find one that was hot with the key on. SO I just ran a hot wire from the traction control switch to the radar detector.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
worked like a charm.. had to remove the radio to get the soldering iron on the connections.

The traction control splice in would have prolly been much easier. Either way it sure is nice to have the wire hidden from the radar detector and also have it turn on/off automagicly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-05-05 23:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i posted that last year hahaha

glad to see it was of help it is nice to have the wire hidden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts