Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that a guy I went to school with is going to be one of the first Air Force pilots trained to fly the Raptor. He was a year aghead of me in school and I actually graduated with his brother. He'll be in the first squadron when they are put in service in a couple of years. I bet his is soooo excited. I know I would be.
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually Karl he's stationed ther in Idaho right now but will be going to training in March I believe. My cousin's husband is stationed in Panama City and she told me that they were supposed to get the Raptors stationed down there. Of course the government could change their mind between now and then.
Cam

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
In a somewhat related subject, I was working at Dobbins ARB, which shares a runway with Lockheed and NAS Atlanta, where I saw the 1st flight of production F-22 Raptor 001.
I even got a pin that was on board from the first flight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2002-01-03 13:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I hear the Air Force would like to dump the A10’s but the Army said hell no.
It’s amazing how maneuverable an A10 is at slow speeds. I observed one flying at tree top level in Germany, and simulating scrapping runs, it was so cool. When I was visiting Ft Huachuca I sat on a distant hilltop for about an hour just watching them do touch and gos at a small field on or near Ft Huachuca. I think they must have flown down from Davis Monthan AFB, this was back in the mid 80’s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts