Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from VMP,my home track,and another exciting F.A.S.T racing event went down in their record breaking form.
"Hemi Dave" Dudeck was the one to beat,after running record 10.53's several weeks ago up at the Hemmings event in New York.
First run off the trailer was a 10.51 at over 133 MPH. Closest competitor was the 1969 L-88 Vette,with 10.60's.
First round eliminations,Dave got a 10.49 out of that 1969 Hemi Roadrunner!
Right after that an original 1969 1/2 440 Six Pack RR,running in FAST, had a big problem on his run against a '69 COPO Camaro. Seems the console glove box door sprung open,at the top end of the track,knocking the shifter into 2nd gear,sending the RR into a wicked spin. The RR beat the Camaro,going backwards,running an 11.28!!! Then hit the wall!
Then the L-88 Vette ripped a crazy 10.30!!! for a FAST record. Just crazy racing!! How about a 1.56 60'ft time on a 7 inch wide G-70-15 redline tire!!!!!!

Hemi Dave won the final round,against the L-88 with a 10.48.
There were many Factory Stock cars in attendence as well. CJ Mustangs, Pontiac Ram Air GTO's,Firebirds,Torino 429 CJ's, even a 1969 Hurst S/C Rambler,and a Javalin 401. The little Scrambler was a 12.80/109 runner all day!

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Did you get any pictures? I'd like to see that.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Pics wud be good...did you race or watch?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the plan was to watch the FAST guys,then get some racing with the Bullitt. However,due to the rain,on Friday, plus all the race action on Saturday,never got the chance to run the Bullitt.
My video, is on video tape,but my buddy go some video on his digital camera. Will try to get that and make some kind of link to it.
Next year,some of you in the Northeast area of the country,should go to one of these FAST races. Really cool to see what can be done on those small bias ply tires!
You can keep up to date on what's going on, at www.fastraces.org

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Sounds like some good old fashioned racing....is it AHRA?.....in the old days...like in the late 60's we used to run at 2 local tracks...one was AHRA an the other was NHRA.....always did good at the AHRA track....seemed like anything goes type of racing...had a big turn out even way back then.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dg517 said:
Sounds like some good old fashioned racing....is it AHRA?.....in the old days...like in the late 60's we used to run at 2 local tracks...one was AHRA an the other was NHRA.....always did good at the AHRA track....seemed like anything goes type of racing...had a big turn out even way back then.
No,the F.A.S.T. thing is not affiliated with any sanction body. It started as a spin off of the Pure Stock,or Factory Stock Drags,for older muscle cars,1974 and older.
A couple of racers, sort of pushed the limit of the rules,with stroker setups, and started running fast 11 second ET's. So they formed the Factory Appearing Stock Tire group,which allows stroker setups,unlimited compression, roller cams which must sound somewhat stock. Everything else must appear stock and correct for that year car.
Just a laid back, growing, group of people that like to race restored looking classic Detroit muscle cars. Much more fun than polishing them up for a car show!
I took along a friend of mine,who had never been to this event,and he said it was the best car show he had ever been too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts