Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Nothing in the VIN designates a Bullitt. The P designates it as a Ford, the 42 designates GT, and the X designates 4.6 litre single overhead cam v-8. On one of my earlier posts I put the letter designation for each character of the first 10 digits of the VINs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-11-29 13:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The hologram tag was the best they could think of or so I've read. They said a metal tag is too easy to counterfeit and they're probably right. The 35th Anniversary Mustang was a fiasco. It was supposed to be a limited edition but easily purchased parts could turn any GT into a 35th anniversary car. Even if a metal tag was produced it wouldn't be 24 hrs before fakes were available on e-bay.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
1302, that would have made sense as far as i i know!!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Because this is an option to the GT Mustang.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-11-30 13:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wonder when we will find the location of the other Bullitt ID. number. Knowing Ford they put the other tag behind the drivers airbag. They probably want us to crash them, then they can say yep that's a real Bullitt, you can tell by the second ID. tag. I am sure this would make sense to Ford. This is only my nickels worth of knowledge.

Bullittboyz

·
Registered
191 Posts
How is it the insurance companies are able to ID as a Bullitt vs. standard GT when they are billing?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-01 11:43, BBFN_O51951 wrote:
How is it the insurance companies are able to ID as a Bullitt vs. standard GT when they are billing?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm assuming Ford makes them privvy to a breakdown of VINs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just look at your door tag. If the interior code = KM it's a Bullitt. This was brought up before. If I'm correct, K= Bullitt interior, M = Charcoal color. Maybe this should be added to FAQ's. :-BG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 289 on 2001-12-01 14:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ford will be able to tell you if it's a bullitt or not just by the VIN. Simple as that.Don't you think they will have record of which VIN was a bullitt or not? Of course they will.
Also they would have to be able to ID the car for police in cases of "right offs".

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
The interior code is 1 sure way to tell if it's a Bullitt. But my Insurance person knew to charge me more for 1007 vice the GT vert I just got rid of

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-14 17:15, TwoStangWmn wrote:
My insurance billed us for 2001 Mustang GT.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Vicki,
Just make sure they reimburse you the extra few thousand over the GT bluebook if and when you need to collect in event of a total loss.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts