Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a discussion on another Forum about engine oil & break-in time. One guy mentioned that some new cars come with synthetic, specifically the Corvette has Mobil 1 synthetic off the assembly line. Not knowing any "new" Corvette owners, can any one confirm or deny this?

01 Bullitt #1697
94 Caprice 9C1
85 Mustang GT
80 F250
70 Monte Carlo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rancorkeeper on 2002-01-17 11:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how do they (Chevrolet) expect the engine to break-in properly? Especially the rings/cylinder bore? Did these motors use a lot of oil initially?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Most cars today COrvettes and Mustangs alike have the engine broken in before anyone drives them at the factory. The main reason why the manuals tell you to vary the speed of the car is to primarily break in the suspension. At least that is what I was told by my ford service guy yesterday.

Steve

·
Registered
835 Posts
Maybe a visiting Corvette owner can post a pic of the factory sticker from the engine that advises that it contains Mobil 1 Synthetic

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard rumors that the Corvette motors were broken-in, but I've never heard anyone say that about the 4.6L. Plus, how would they do it? How do you simulate 2,000+ miles of engine operation without actually installing it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.