Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my manuals from Helms today. $180 worth.. :razz: There isn't any special section I have found for the Bullitt. Wonder if they will ever publish a supplement?

anyway, I will have some light reading now.. :smile:

Anybody have any questions, let me know.

Brian

·
Registered
224 Posts
Speaking of manuals and such, did you guys get any special documentation with yours? Like a certificate with the number or anything. I was thinking I should have, but all I got was the standard little mustang book =(

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The only certificate (if you can call it that) is the sticker on the drivers strut tower with your Bullitt Build # on it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Brian , The only thing I've found so far in that manual in reference to the Bullitt is in the wheel section . They mention the wheel combo that we have as a Bullitt Wheel.Looks like some "Light Detective Work " ahead!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Bullittman,What does it say about pulling the spark plugs? Do you have to remove the fuel rails? It looks fairly tight around there!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I read somewhere that if you pull the plugs to be SURE to put them back in the cylinder it came out of. It seems as if the computer can sense the wear on it, or the resistance of the plug.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was ticked reading through the manuals yesterday, that it looks like I need to order, still, another supplement. The manual states a different supplement for fuel system and emissions diagnosis...crap. Have to call Helms and find out.

Brian

·
Registered
663 Posts
There are the regular shop manuals (which you got), the EVTM (which has all the electrical wiring/sensor diagrams), and the PCED (which has the emissions/Fuel Diag. info.)

·
Registered
610 Posts
408, It dosen't really detail plugs per se, but once the coil packs are off I think you can get them all . Intake side might take an articulated socket and removal of the throttle body inlet hose.Are there any techs out here in Bullitthead Land??? :smile:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
FordBullitt: That's Helms for ya, every piece of info ya need, another manual ya gotta pay for.........

DHG #0428

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillo Dave on 2001-06-22 22:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
663 Posts
I was a Ford tech for the last 11 years before going into the Sheriff's Department. Once the coil packs are removed the plugs can easily be taken out with a socket and an extension (at least 6 inches long). You will have to remove the intake hose to get to the passenger side plugs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts