Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need feedback. My '09 failed inspection for Drive Cycle: Cat.Converters/Oxygen Sensors/Oxygen Sensors-Heaters. Presumably the cause was having the car's ECM reset the prior week to clear TPMS warnings after putting on new tires. Someone pointed me to:
http://site.brenspeed.com/forums/drivecycleford.pdf. But, no mention of Oxygen Sensors there.
I tried some of the other general guides on line, drove >100 miles/cold start let idle/drive 60-65 for 15 min/etc with no luck. I found another post here where the owner reported the exact failed test and it was a result of tune that had turned off Oxy Sensors unbeknown to him. Re-tune cleared the fails. Prior owner of my car swears he's done nothing to the car since he purchased from the previous owner. Someone recommended getting the "BlueDriver" OBD2 tool. But, i don't think that's going to confirm whether the car has a custom tune.
What are my options to confirm if a custom tune has been loaded and which tune it may be? Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
The dealer could check to see that you have the correct production version.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe try disconnecting the battery for about an hour then drive the car for about 100 miles before being retested.

·
Car Whisperer
21,138 Posts
is your car completely stock? what Pat (bullitt4404) said is you best option if you cannot verify from the previous OWNERS, if there is a custom tune in it. have you researched you car on here to see if you can find any posts by previous owners on things they did to the car?

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Sorry they are read only files. Anyway, just Google Ford OBD drive cycle. Your ECM must be clear of all codes for the smog test. As far as the correct operation files?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all. Took it to dealer who after closer inspection of ECM logs believes it had a custom tune at some point. They applied stock Ford tune then ran through their version of drive cycles and all good. Now I can look into a tune of my choosing....

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Just curious here, did you notice any differences after the dealer reinstalled a stock tune? Throttle response, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious here, did you notice any differences after the dealer reinstalled a stock tune? Throttle response, etc.
To be honest, I didn't drive the car enough times since buying to get a real sense while it was on the tune. Had no idea it had a tune. Only thing I did notice was exhaust sound. Not quite as loud after back to stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts