Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some fair weather today and little free time so I cleaned up the Bullitt. But I guess I need to finish the job. I turn on my windshield wipers some mornings thinking the haze I see is out there. Must be on the other side of the glass:rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Looks excellent Chip....

I am SO impatiently awaiting the arrival of Karen's SHR louvers......I cannot wait to share that look.......

Very nice,
Mike

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks fantastic! Examples such as yours really make me want a 2008 bullitt!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GOT OATZ said:
Looks excellent Chip....

I am SO impatiently awaiting the arrival of Karen's SHR louvers......I cannot wait to share that look.......

Very nice,
Mike
Thanks Mike. The downside to the louvers is limited visibility, and that's true of them all. Pulling the glass out of a new car is extreme. But when you want - that look - it's what we do:cool: .

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
00crstlwhtgt said:
Looks great Chip! I love the look of those KDW2's on there.
One of the first pictures I saw of an '08 Bullitt was an article in Popular Mechanics. It was wearing KDW2's. I think the car and the tires both have ATTITUDE!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Grill, V-8 emblem, tires, louvers and gas cap. All look very appropriate to me, and a testiment that tasteful mods can be accomplished without changing the style of the Bullitt! Good Job on the photos too!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Chip, the Bullitt looks 'Mah-vah-less!' Man, the finish looks like glass. Good job. Love those louvres, too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MC Q 6185 said:
Looks fantastic! Examples such as yours really make me want a 2008 bullitt!
Thanks "T". 8 Bullits are nice. I've kind of strayed away from stock on mine, but I like to have fun personalizing my car(s). And BTW, your "Fresh Pics of 2756" look darn good too! But the thread titled "You Might Be A Mustang Guy If..." had me laughing. Especially #32:

"You already know you're calling in sick when the weatherman says 3-6 inches of snow forecasted for the rush hour." :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Looks great! Nice tasteful mods.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
chip721 said:
Thanks Mike. The downside to the louvers is limited visibility, and that's true of them all. Pulling the glass out of a new car is extreme. But when you want - that look - it's what we do:cool: .
Hey Chip,
I really look forward to doing the install of the louvers. I love doing these types of projects...

And as far as the visibility issue, when you're used to looking thru these louvers, the SHR will be like a windshield....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
andrew.frank said:
Thanks, also how did you mount them evenly?
Measured the fender area top-to-bottom and left-to-right (14"H x 12"W). Found center and marked it with masking tape. Measured 1 1/4" above and below center and marked with masking tape. Temporarily tacked the emblem in place with masking tape and adjusted as needed before final mount.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you look at the packages, each one has a little blue tab in the lower right hand corner. It's a protective strip covering the back of the entire emblem. Remove it and it exposes an almost gum like adhesive. Very thin, but very tacky. When you put it on the car, it sticks!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Chip....good looking mods...man...how long to install the louvers?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
dg517 said:
Chip....good looking mods...man...how long to install the louvers?
Thanks. I had my local body shop do the louver install. Left it with them at 7 am, had it back by noon same day. But I ordered them pre-painted from SHR so that saved some time. Had it done like in April, so can't put my hands on the invoice at the moment, but I think their estimate was ~ 3 hours labor. Total charges was $210. They asked who painted them and actually quoted me a cheaper paint price than SHR.

I have to be honest - 2 weeks after the install we got a heavy rain and I noticed a leak on the passenger side. Took it back to them again for another half day. They pulled it, resealed it, and reinstalled ...at no additional cost of course. No more leaks and not a scratch inside or out. It's one of the reasons I chose the body shop over a self install. I'm doing well if I can get a good caulk around my bathroom sink and tub:tongue: .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts