Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
It's no big deal but I was looking at Bullitts on e-bay Tuesday and came across a Mustang and the guy used the words Bullitt and Saleen. He did have Salleen body parts on the car but I failed to see any Bullitt parts. It was painted white. So I sent him a message. I asked why he was calling it a Bullitt when it clearly was not. I don't think it's a real Saleen (not for that price.) I didn't get mean or nasty about it I was just wondering why he used the word Bullitt. And I told him mine was for sale and if he might be interested. Well, I got a return and it went like this. " Naa, I"m not interested. But perhaps u can go ahead and give me your adress for running your mouth and we can settle this in person. Please e-mail me back with directions. I'm not to far. (he's somewere in MO.) THANK YOU"

So, Should I just laugh it off or have some fun?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wow-...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
I think that several people have jumped his case. Any body that calls that POS wreck reclaimation a clean car is obviously working with out a complete deck of cards. I sent him a message that it wasn't a Bullitt and would he please amend his ad to show such. I didn't antagonize him about the Saleen part. They have serial numbers as well I think and he would/should have sited that in his ad. And I think would have if the car were legitimate. IMHO, of course...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So, I'm not the only one that got on his case...:lol: GOOD!!
Dave, did you get a nasty return from him?




He wants to kick my a$$. LOL !!!!


I'd like to tell him to drive it to the Bullitt NATS, some people would like to meet him. LOL !!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
I just checked my email account. He did respond and was very cordial. Said I should recheck his ad as he ran an autocheck and is claiming he didn't know what a Bullitt is, but that Autocheck came back with Bullitt GT based on the VIN number. I don't know, could be. No telling with what Autocheck or any other outfit will sell the unsuspecting.

Still smells a little fishy. Especially when he posts a photo of the Saleen sticker. Yet he claims that he applied the sticker before he knew it was a Bullitt. Hmmm. Not the first, nor the last wandering fool out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, smells fishy. Makes me wonder, if a real Bullitt is totaled and rebuilt but with NO Bullitt parts is it still Bullitt? I guess so, as long as the VIN said it was at one time. Didn't we see this in the past with a wreaked Bullitt? I forget.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
This has been done before. Some Deputy Sheriff or something near St. Louis. Did a "rebirth" of a totalled Bullitt and a totalled Silver GT. He liked the silver part and used whatever off the GT to get the Bullitt back together. Then painted the car silver all over instead of painting it the Bullitts' color. I think it had been black. I believe he even joined IMBOC as SilverBullitt. But have yet to see a posting, maybe just drops in to read every so often. Who knows. I'm sure there are others, maybe tens of salvaged Bullitts...:confused: I don't care, as long as it was a Bullitt from the factory, they can paint it what they want. I am not buying the paint. I'll keep mine stock, at least for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, now I recall.

Well, I guess if you rebuild with no Bullitt parts it would be a "striper Bullitt"...:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
I also sent an email, asking about the white Bullitt....he sent back telling me that he knows alot about Mustangs and that he knows Bullitts only came in green, black and blue. Then went on to tell me that the title says its a Bullitt, so thats how he advertised it. I don't think he was to happy at all and its nice to know I'm not the only one who said something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
what?
no link?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
Vin will not show whether it was a Bullitt or not. For some reason when the vin is ran i n certain checks it comes back Gt Bullitt. There should be a / in between. Only way to tell for sure is the sticker. If it has a sticker then it is a Bullitt.
 

·
011001010110100000111111
Joined
·
3,389 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
Ok...I had to give a piece of my mind as well. I was nice...

Careful bro, with the amount you've been giving out lately, you'll end up in trouble!

:badgrin: :lol: :badgrin: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
droopysbullitt said:
Vin will not show whether it was a Bullitt or not. For some reason when the vin is ran i n certain checks it comes back Gt Bullitt. There should be a / in between. Only way to tell for sure is the sticker. If it has a sticker then it is a Bullitt.



If the VIN does not prove it's a Bullitt and there isn't a sticker(s) and it's not DHG,black or true blue then my guess it's not a Bullitt. It takes a LOT OF TIME AND EFORT to completely change a car color. Most people rebuilding a wreak will stick with the color it came with from the factory. This car is white and we all know that's not one of the 3 B colors.

I guess since I'm not the only person he heard from he finally snapped and got fed-up and decided to give me a piece of his mind. But I'm tempted to e-mail him back and have some FUN!!
 

·
011001010110100000111111
Joined
·
3,389 Posts
Give him the address of a pesky neighbor and tell him he's not man enough to come out. Hide the Bullitt though, don't want him to spot it while in the area. Sit back and enjoy the fun! :lol:

.......of course I'm not condoning such malice, but imagine the fun!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,101 Posts
TOYS-R-ME! said:
Give him the address of a pesky neighbor and tell him he's not man enough to come out. Hide the Bullitt though, don't want him to spot it while in the area. Sit back and enjoy the fun! :lol:

.......of course I'm not condoning such malice, but imagine the fun!

what is ur address....Terry?:D...imagine the fun:p...jest a little humor there:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Anybody out there have access to Ford's OASIS? Vin run through that might answer the question? I'm not sure but at least I got my build date through IT.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
Mr. Swift said:
It's no big deal but I was looking at Bullitts on e-bay Tuesday and came across a Mustang and the guy used the words Bullitt and Saleen. He did have Salleen body parts on the car but I failed to see any Bullitt parts. It was painted white. So I sent him a message. I asked why he was calling it a Bullitt when it clearly was not. I don't think it's a real Saleen (not for that price.) I didn't get mean or nasty about it I was just wondering why he used the word Bullitt. And I told him mine was for sale and if he might be interested. Well, I got a return and it went like this. " Naa, I"m not interested. But perhaps u can go ahead and give me your adress for running your mouth and we can settle this in person. Please e-mail me back with directions. I'm not to far. (he's somewere in MO.) THANK YOU"

So, Should I just laugh it off or have some fun?
Mr Swift I just emailed him and said post a pic of the hologram or edit the listing or I would report the listing to ebay.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I just checked my email account. He did respond and was very cordial. Said I should recheck his ad as he ran an autocheck and is claiming he didn't know what a Bullitt is, but that Autocheck came back with Bullitt GT based on the VIN number. I don't know, could be. No telling with what Autocheck or any other outfit will sell the unsuspecting.

Still smells a little fishy. Especially when he posts a photo of the Saleen sticker. Yet he claims that he applied the sticker before he knew it was a Bullitt. Hmmm. Not the first, nor the last wandering fool out there.
This part could be true. I ran my friends 2001 GT and that came back as Mustang GT / Bullitt
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top