Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped to get a biscuit this morning, and dang if I didn't have my camera.
Got excited seeing a black Bullitt in the lot....but....disappointment set in when I noticed wrong exhaust tips, then wrong C-pillars, GT brakes and side scoops....the only thing 'Bullitt' was the emblem and the front seats.
Gonna see if I can spot it again and take a pic.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I saw one out at DFW Airport last month. No camera! DOH!

Just the badge and the wheels. It was the other green (Sorry, I forgot the name) Ford used on Mustangs from 1999-2000. Which in itself is rare on a GT, which it was. So maybe he couldn't afford the real thing? Whatever.:rolleyes: As a rare color/model combo I would have left it alone, but some ppl don't know what they have.:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
By that standard if I put Bullitt lettering on the trunk of my ivy green 68 coupe I can call it a Bullitt since I already have the wheels on it.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
"Standards, we don't need no stinking standards.
We don't have no stinking standards..."

Restomod BULLITT?

Check out this one:

http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/gallery/C018

Too much money, not enough brains. They are discussing which spoiler on the deck lid is the best for the "Bullitt". Yikes!

LMAO!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
wildman said:
By that standard if I put Bullitt lettering on the trunk of my ivy green 68 coupe I can call it a Bullitt since I already have the wheels on it.
Kinda looks that way...Dan:D

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Does this mean that on my 89 Ranger, if I stick the wheels on it and paint it True Blue, I can stick the letters on it and call it a Bullitt too?

:)

Just playing. I'm sticking a "Police Interceptor" badge on the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Call it whatever you want. Just be prepared for ridicule if your found out. J/K.

Painted on the tailgate of an old Isuzu: Moreon :tongue:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
DavidMidgley said:

Restomod BULLITT?

Check out this one:

Too much money, not enough brains. They are discussing which spoiler on the deck lid is the best for the "Bullitt". Yikes!

LMAO!
lol

I seen this yesterday at Carlisle, and will post some pics sometime :D
I can't believe how much work went into that car from the link you posted, but yet, it still lacked a lot of finishing details IMHO. Good looking car though overall though.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
DavidMidgley said:

Restomod BULLITT?

Check out this one:

LMAO!
wow that sits high!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I'm thinking that using the Bullitt wheels on the old Fox chassis it has to sit up to get the wheel clearance necessary to drive the thing.

And don't you love the Cobra spoiler???

·
Registered
413 Posts
some retarded kid in Topeka has an Amozon Green V6 with the BULLITT emblem on the rear. I wanted to get out of my Grand Prix and kick his a$$ for doing that to that poor innocent BULLITT emblem...bastard!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Ezekial said:
lol

I seen this yesterday at Carlisle, and will post some pics sometime :D
I can't believe how much work went into that car from the link you posted, but yet, it still lacked a lot of finishing details IMHO. Good looking car though overall though.
I think we could have drawn a reference without using the emblem on the back lid. It looks good without any nameplates referencing something it aspires to be, yet never will. The car should have been allowed to stand on it's own. The end result would have been much better.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I give some cars a pass on the BULLITT logo if they are done well enough. That looks like a pretty clean fox body, and even though we all know what it is and what it isnt, it lloks like some time was put into it, and was thought out well, and the guy had a plan and a purpose. Its the off color cars with saleen wheels or stock wheels that get me. If you are going to put the logo on, and you are working on a project car make the BULLITT logo the LASTthink you do to the cars appearence.

I goes I think its ok because I did this with a 95 GTS I had, it was black, It had no spoiler or fog lamps from the factory, I put bullitt springs under it, bullitt door sill plates, bullitt shifter knob, bullitt shifter ring, bullitt lock knobs, and then the logo. It was my 95 Bullitt. I miss her to this day! She was also my first V8 Mustang, and we had alot of fun together!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I spotted this on Corral. It's a fake Saleen with a blower and 410 HP. IT's also a True Blue Bullitt.

holy crap that is so sad :(

the Fox is more of a Bullitt than this one :(

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I agree with Jared6180. The Fox body is well done. I only get upset when people try to sell things as originals when they are actually clones. Just my $.02.
Bruce

·
Registered
270 Posts
FDWheelMan3687 said:
Does this mean that on my 89 Ranger, if I stick the wheels on it and paint it True Blue, I can stick the letters on it and call it a Bullitt too?

:)

Just playing. I'm sticking a "Police Interceptor" badge on the tailgate.
i have a 96 ranger that i want to paint dhg and put some bullitt wheels and badges on it just to be funny :p...i may do it one day to

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Hmmmm, wonder how the Bullitt logo would look on my wife`s CRV.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts