Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Fake Bullitts

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  TXBullitt 
#1 ·
I have been a bit dismayed reading about all of these Bullitt parts that are available, and people who are considering altering their cars to look like them. This is tacky, if you want a Bullitt, buy one, otherwise enjoy your Mustang for what it is. I suppose just putting on the gas cap, gear shift, or rims is acceptable, since those items are rather generic, but if anyone puts on the 'Bullitt' insignia or alters the body, that is just cheesy. It is like those ricers who stick a VTEC or SiR sticker on anything that moves. If anyone sees one of these, take a picture. Maybe I am overreacting, but I am just dreading this wave of V-6 Laser Red 'Bullitts' zipping down the highway. If it gets too bad I'll start a webpage to embarrass these fakers, like on www.riceboypage.com.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know. I saw a V-6 the other day with both GT and Cobra emblems on it. That type of thing should be illegal. Call your congressman!!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
There is a post on Blue Oval News (and maybe on here somewhere, I forget). Someone found the tag near the radiator and took a picture of it. I am not concerned about someone trying to pass a Bullitt off as fake to a seller, you would have to spend a fortune to fool anyone who knew anything about the car, it is just a matter of principle. Some people will try to fake it. Of course then we can all point and laugh. :wink:

Discussion starter · #11 ·
What?! That should be a citeable offense. It is a crime against humanity. :wink: At the very least it is fraud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.